day 6 ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE SO FAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:upset:Hello sorry to be here and complain but I think my accomplishment is good but my so called freind showed up at my house with A and never thought about what she might be doing to me so I kicked her out...then I had a moment to realize that I did just that how many times to how many people so then I start feeling bad and when I feel bad I drink and then I feel even worse then I originally felt..then I cried and came here but the day is still young.
    I hate being an Alcoholic but I am and I will deal with it...God I know I'll be back here in a minute but whatever I have to do to survive I will do!

htide,

One lesson I have learned from my multiple relapses is that dwelling on the horrible things I have done because of my addiction, just leads me back into the addiction.

Recognize what you have done in the past to avoid making the same mistakes in the future but do not dwell on them.

Today, you can do the right thing. That is all you can do.

Congratulations on day 6, btw. Physically, you will feel incredibly better by the end of 10 days.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

htide~

Firstly :goodjob: on your 6 days AF.

I doubt there's a single one of us on MWO who hasn't said or done something we regret but you have now made that huge step to get away from alcohol.

Believe you me I can remember how hard those early days and barely hung on by the skin of my teeth some days but it is so worth it.

Trust me it gets better and better.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Htide, we've all been there but as Cinders and Jackie have said, please don't beat yourself up....that could lead you into a relapse. Just learn, file it away in your brain, and stay sober. There is nothing you will experience that won't be made worse by alcohol in the long run!

Sending you a big virtual hug.:l

Comment

Congtratulations on Day 6, you are doing so well. :goodjob:
          Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
          If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
          November 2, 2012

Comment

Htide,
            First of all, great job on 6 days! Secondly, even better job coming here and posting how you are feeling. We all know the feel-bad-drink-feel-worse cycle. I've been caught up in in more times than I can count. Just remember that nothing will improve or be solved with alcohol. All that will happen is that you will "come to" eventually, the problem will still be there, and you'll have a hangover on top of everything else. Stay strong, because you are through the worst days.
            Stick close and let us help you. Again, great job on 6 days...the hardest part is over.
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Good job on 6 days

Did you mean that a friend showed up with alcohol and you kicked her out?
              Did this person know about your struggle?

Don't beat yourself up! No need to feel bad. Just do the best you can

Comment

You know what though? You can always smooth things out with your friend tomorrow or later if you want. A real friend will understand if they knew about your struggle. If it wasn't a real friend then maybe no big loss. You would be really pissed at yourself for drinking if you let it happen. It sounds like you were just being protective of your quit. No real harm done.
                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                AF 11/12/11

Comment

Htide, I reread your post and think I understand it better now. I think when we're drinking and don't realize (yet) that we have a problem, it's very common to try to get our buddies to drink with us. We don't understand (yet) what it's like to be in the midst of the alcohol struggle, so we think "no big deal" if we talk our friend into a drink. It's only after we truly "get it" that we understand the gravity of trying to get someone who has a problem to drink with us. You can't hold yourself responsible for what you used to do because you didn't really understand at that time.

The critical thing is that you don't let yourself drink for any reason whatsoever. You will just make your life harder. In a day or so you can try to explain to your friend if you want. If they don't understand, then maybe you should move on.

Best to you.

Comment

Unwasted;1240161 wrote: Htide, I reread your post and think I understand it better now. I think when we're drinking and don't realize (yet) that we have a problem, it's very common to try to get our buddies to drink with us. We don't understand (yet) what it's like to be in the midst of the alcohol struggle, so we think "no big deal" if we talk our friend into a drink. It's only after we truly "get it" that we understand the gravity of trying to get someone who has a problem to drink with us. You can't hold yourself responsible for what you used to do because you didn't really understand at that time.

The critical thing is that you don't let yourself drink for any reason whatsoever. You will just make your life harder. In a day or so you can try to explain to your friend if you want. If they don't understand, then maybe you should move on.

Best to you.
                    Brilliant advice Unwasted. Htide, congratulations on day 6. :l

Comment

Working...
                    X