First Weekend of 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Weekend of 2012

and I'm gonna make it through it! Tonight is my worst night. Friday always has been but NO MORE! I am going to post every hour so I remember my goal. Right now I just got out of the shower and am heading to walmart for eggs and bread, the to the vit shoppe for magnisum oil (my new thing) and the to pick up live-in cousin from school. I should be back home by 5:15 and me and hubby will start chicken strips, mash potatoes and gravy. I think I will walk the puppies before it gets dark also...see you at 5:15-5:30!
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

First Weekend of 2012

Hi Jenny,
    You CAN do this! The first weekend is tough, but you can get through it. Sounds like you have quite a bit to keep you busy, and those chicken strips and mashed potatoes sound good! Just think how good you will feel waking up on a Saturday morning with no hangover. It still amazes me on Saturday and Sunday mornings when I'm not dizzy, queasy or tired from tossing and turning all night. Even better, no anxiety caused by drinking or the dreaded 3am wake up! Enjoy your hubby's company. I am the only adult in the house (one teenager), and I always found lonliness to be a huge trigger, but if I can do it, so can you! Please keep checking in and let us know how it's going. I used to dread weekends, and now I actually find it easier to stay sober on weekend nights than week nights....go figure?
    Hang in there. I'm sending strength your way :l
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

First Weekend of 2012

Hang in there Jenny

Weekends can be fun! It was always weekends=drinking, but if you don't stop then
      every day = drinking. I never got to that poiny but I was afraid I would.

Have a good time and enjoy all the good stuff!

Comment

First Weekend of 2012

Way to go, Jenny!

I have come to really like my AF weekends so much more than drinking weekends. They are a time for REAL relaxation for me now. That dinner sounds fantastic too, btw!
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

First Weekend of 2012

It's tough, and we're all in this together. It's my first A/F weekend in a long time too. Tonight we planned on going out for dinner but that fell through. I decided to make a cheese tray: brie, cheddar, olives, pickled herring, sour cream, grainy crackers, etc.. and we ALWAYS have red wine with this meal. I was in the bathtub fretting about it and came up with an awesome idea I would like to share with you. I know you Americans have Bloody Marys. Here in Canada (maybe elsewhere) we have bloody Caesars which is the same thing as a bloody mary but with red clam juice (clamatto), squeezed lemon, rimmed glass and celery stick and an ounce of VODKA. I made us a virgin one and felt like I was having a little celebration. A fancy drink on a Friday night can still be had. Fancy up a cocktail in a nice glass. Just skip the booze. Did the trick for me.

Make sure you check in with us. Stay strong and you'll be happy all night and tomorrow as well.
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

First Weekend of 2012

Jenny and Tipps, you go girls - you CAN do this. Weekends for me are very enjoyable now - you'll soon stop associating them so much with drinking. Just keep doing what you're doing, change your routine, spoil yourself in some way. Take a relaxing bath, read, go for a walk, cook a nice meal.

Sending everyone peace and strength and big virtual hugs.:l

Comment

First Weekend of 2012

You can do it Jenny!

Comment

First Weekend of 2012

hey guys! I'm 45 min late but I'm doing great! Making chicken strips with the family. It's my son's turn to help right now, he is dipping the chicken in the breading....that's his fav part! 3 more hours and I'm home free!

Comment

First Weekend of 2012

Good for you, Jenny! Stay strong--you can do it! Keep posting. Enjoy your dinner!

TDN
                  "One day at a time."

Comment

First Weekend of 2012

You're over the hump now, girl. Keep it up !!
                    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

First Weekend of 2012

I am enjoying this thread. Great idea.

I think anytime we make new habits that override the old bad habits, we are a step closer to our goals.

AF weekends ARE nice. I end up spending good time with my husband and actually get work done around the house.

Enjoy the family time and dinner. More importantly, you will get to remember the entire evening, too.

Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

First Weekend of 2012

Way to go, creating accountability, Jenny! Talk about making a plan!
                        ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                        -----------------------------------
                        Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

First Weekend of 2012

Hey all! Thanks for the support! Its 7:45 and after an hour n 40 min dinner was done n wonderful! Were all fat n tired now and the fam said it was delish! Even my non eater stuffed herself! Now for desert n a bath n by nine ill be tucked n sung n my bed...sober n ready to kick some ass n take some names tomorrow when we whip this house into shape n get some work done on the computer. Ill be checkin in a couple more times tonight but u no I think I got this

Comment

First Weekend of 2012

I used to dread waking up on Sunday mornings with a hangover because then I'd not want to get up and go to Mass feeling like death warmed over....but not this weekend!!!! I'll be feeling SOOOOOOGOOOOD!!!!
                            Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                            (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

First Weekend of 2012

Jen, pretty soon Fridays will just be another day.........just keep up the good work. Always fast forward to how wonderful you're going to feel as opposed to the horrors of a hangover.

I love seeing people being successful and overcoming the grip of alcohol (including moi)!:l

Comment

Working...
                              X