Never giving up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never giving up

I am a functioning alcoholic.I work then come home and drink two or three large glasses with a shot of Evan in sprite.Sometimes I drink a little wine.I do want to cut back more.I have read everything from many sources about what alcohol can do to our bodies yet I keep on.I will never give up trying to be a better person.I take a muti-vitamin daily and b vitamins.I exercize.I have a very bad back problem so I guess I self medicate.I am sorry about my grammar it is terrible.I am more of a researcher love history and nat geo.Anyone like this just reply thanks and let meknow what can help.

Never giving up

I used to be just like you...drank a LOT, I was also highly functioning... never thought I could quit, but so far so good.

It will take knowledge, will power, new coping mechanisms, accountability, possibly medication but it can be done. You will shortly start to see positive effects of not drinking poison.
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Never giving up

I agree with Nelz. Sounds like a LOT of alcohol. When I read that you "want to cut back more" I have to tell you that I am the broken record here. There is no way to "cut back" or "moderate" if you are addicted to alcohol.

Most of us here have tried it again and again to no avail. One leads to twenty in no time at all. It seems though that it's part of the pattern of wanting to stop and stopping. It makes logical sense to try that method. I'm just saying you can spare yourself the suffering but of course it's up to you.

When alcohol is out of the picture so are the negative issues that go with it. It can be done-I was a very bad drunk for a long time but I'm not now. It is not easy in the beginning but is certainly worth it. I wish you well.

Comment

Never giving up

Welcome to MWO QUITEHUMAN!

Great name btw & your resolve to never give up will be very helpful to you in the long run

I imagine we all started out just like you, to some degree. Drinking poison just doesn't make any sense does it? But we keep doing it anyway........that's what addiction is all about. You can change all that & live the sober healthy life you really want.

I started by reading the MWO book. You can download it right from the Health store here on the website.
        You also need to make a good plan for yourself. Look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of great ideas. It helped me to identify my drinking triggers & decide how I was going to handle them without AL.

You can do it too!
        Please feel free to jump into the Newbies Nest thread for more ongoing support.

Wishing you the very best on your journey!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Never giving up

Welcome Human
          I agree with all that has been posted above. Hope you come back and keep posting. You will find lots of support and help here.
          Good luck:welcome:
          Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
          If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
          November 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
          X