my first time here on this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya Guys, hope you are all well and feeling positive, I am new to this site, Friday night this week, was the turning point for me, im sitting here writing this with tears rolling down my face, just remembering friday nights events. I am a binge drinker, i dont drink large amounts every day, but i nearly do have at least one drink a day, its not the daily drinking that effects my life, but rather the times when i drink far too much and end up not being able to stand up, crawling about the street, and loosing control of all my bodily functions, i seem to loose control of my ability to contain a healthy level of drinking, and just get smashed, and at times get into risky situations.......
    I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
    Audrey Hepburn

:welcome: littlepinkcat,

I so glad you found us and just wanted to say hello. Not going to overwhelm you with advise at the moment just direct you to the tool box to get a few ideas together. Just click on the link below.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Also if you pop into the Newbies Nest you'll find masses of support in there.

Keep posting, keep reading and let us get to know you.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Welcome. Lots of support here. Maintaining anonimity here is very freeing. The strugglers are my strength, and so are the tough long term folk who have been able to abstain altogether and remain here to help us pull our bootstraps up.

Comment

Thanks for your messages of support, means a lot
        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Welcome Littlepinkcat!
          We have all done very shameful things when drunk!!
          The worst is the first few days to go AF and this site will help you a lot. Just log on everytime you need encouragement.
          You are not alone!
          SH
          12-20-2012 AF
          Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Hi LPC - just wanted to welcome you. Let us know if you have a plan. You can download the MWO book from this site. Read all you have time for and post a lot!:welcome:

Comment

Hello & welcome to MWO!

This is a good place with lots of information & support here for the taking!
              As already mentioned, please be sure to download & read the MWO book (it's in the Health store here on the site).
              It's great that you have identified & acknowledged your problem. Coming here to MWO was the best thing I ever did

Please drop in the Newbies Nest thread for ongoing support!
              Wishing you the best!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Welcome LPK! :welcome:

You have found a great site. Wishing you peace and strength with your journey!

Comment

:welcome: Littlepinkcat

You will find loads of wonderful people here. Remember, you are not alone and I bet you will find some here who have very similar stories as yours. Hope to see you around the threads!
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Welcome LPC. Good job coming here and making the decision to take your life back. I also am able to drink moderately most times, but it's that unexplicable(sp) out of the blue and sometimes conscious "I'm getting blotto to temporarily escape pain" that makes me struggle. Hang tight and stay strong.
                    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Hi Littlepinkcat, I literally squirm with embarrasment when I think of what I did during one particular incident - even now I can feel my face going red. I use the painful feelings to deter me when the temptations come.

Welcome to MWO.
                      make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Hey LPC-welcome! You are among friends who understand here. No judgement here just support and lots of good information to use for your journey.

I really feel for you today; I remember sitting and crying in despair, feeling that I was out of control and could not get back. It's a dark and scary thing, but you can do this.
                        You are not a bad person! You have something to deal with that millions of other people
                        have! The question is what to do.

Hang in there and please come here whenever you want/need to. Let your mind get clear with no alcohol and a plan may start to take shape.

Wishing you the best

Comment

Working...
                        X