Sugar cravings are killing me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never want sweets... Never. Until now. What is the best way to fight theses?
    And headaches? Day 7 and they seem to have started today.. Normal?

Hey Shiner

SUGAR! I know what you mean! I have been eating tons of sugary foods in abundance!
    It is very hard to stop and it's common with stopping drinking.
    I allowed it until now-I'm starting a healthy mode as of today. Headaches? May or may not be related.
    Whatever is happening is not as bad as drinking.

Comment

I didnt get any headaches from stopping, only when I was drinking too much......LOL

But, I totally understand the sugar thing..........man oh mighty.............I think I could have an IV drip all night, and would still need some more.

No real advice as to how to stop, the cravings seem to be getting under control. Yes, IMO sugar cravings is better than AL anyday
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Many people here discuss L-Glutamine as a supplement to help with sugar cravings after going AF.

It never seemed to do the trick for me but it has others.

I am trying 5-HTP right now and this morning, it seemed to help lessen my appetite in general. (Placebo effect, possibly?) I have asked a friend if 5-HTP or L-Tryptophan is better for this.

Sugar cravings are quite normal on going AF. For a long time, we have been supplying sugar to our body in the form of alcohol.

New studies have indicated that keeping to complex carbohydrates or a low carbohydrate diet are better for us to stay AF but it sure is hard to keep away from what we are craving. I believe the reasoning is that if we keep supplying sugar, we continue our body's desire for alcohol.

Try the L-Glutamine, if you can, and see if it helps. If not, start searching for ways to reduce the sugar in your diets and perhaps consider 5-HTP or L-Tryptophan as an aid, also.

My goal is to eat healthy and exercise more. Lots of sugar is not going to help that.

HTH,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

L-Glutamine discussion on Holistic Forum, for those who haven't seen it.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...ml#post1241514
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Try upping your protein - if you eat a lot of protein, that really does take care of the sugar cravings. And I don't mean crazy silly amounts - just make sure you are getting ample amounts with each meal, plus for in between snacks, have protein too - peanut butter and apple or nuts or a hard boiled egg - or if you aren't veggie, a chunk of chicken. - just up your protein - you really will find it helps.

sun X
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Working...
            X