day 9...Irritable as all get out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not:nutso: a good day I just can't seem to stick to any one thing today concentration is all over the place..tired can't sleep..I've eaten everything that isn't nailed down and I just don't feel satisfied..feel sorta like I have been run over by a truck..Ok I'm done whining, Not drinking and right now that is most important and it's a miracle to me.

Congratulations on Day 9, treat yourself well, you are going through a big adjustment.
    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
    November 2, 2012

Comment

Day 7 for me and I'm not feeling cranky but I do feel sick! Wanna trade? Hang in there!!
      Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
      (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Hang in there! I had to smile a bit-sounds like me and probably lots of others here.
        Don't give in and stay strong. It really does get better.
        I say eat whatever you want. I kind of took the approach that I was going to baby myself since I gave up smoking and drinking the same day. I figured that I deserved other stuff, but now I'm getting a tighter grip on things.

Think about how great it's going to be to get to 30 days!

Comment

Here is my 2 cents worth (and don't be asking for change back -- hee)-- when I quit i was trying to conquer it all at one time-- no booze, weight loss etc. I finally realized that even though I need to lose major pounds that getting rid of the booze no matter what was so necessary. Don't go hog wild but do one thing at a time if you can!

Comment

I found day 8 and 9 (yesterday and the day before) really hard also. I'm surprised my husband didn't hitch a ride to the next city :H

I find it easier the days I'm at work full time. Any free time I have, I seem to have to be "on the go" doing something. Well...the house is pretty clean at this point

Hope I get to the point when I can just sit quietly "in my skin".

Keep trucking!
            Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Comment

Day 9 too and I hear you! I am not too bad today but boy, was I grumpy on the weekend! I was trying to keep it together, eating well and exercising and now I don't care - all I am concentrating on is staying AF so I have been eating cookies and toffees and chocolate and whatever passes my way.

But tomorrow is double digit day and htide and believer and everyone else (and me) woohoo - way to go!!!!!
              It's never too late to be who you might have been. George Eliot

Comment

Wow, what a great thread! Nice to see so many new faces kicking the poison!

The first is the worst......thats what I remember, so hang in there ladies/gents, you will be so very happy you did.

Here's the Nelz star of approval for the newbs!!!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1753926=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Yep i'd agree with Nelz the first is the worst , dont forget we have spent years using alcohol to kill all our real feeling when you first stop drinking you have really feel again. For me when i was sober and angry the moment i knew i was going to get drunk was the moment my mood changed and i read here some were that there is a chemical reaction that takes place (to make us happy) at that very min we know we are going to get drunk even if it is some time before we have a drink .
                  Dealing with this anger will be something you will have to work on to stay sober , i hope understanding this is normal and to be expected will help but things will get better with time.

H.A.L.T ...Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired.
                  These are all triggers that will make us crave alcohol, part of recovery is learning to pay attention to these signals/trigger's and meet our needs and resolve issues before thing's get out of hand and we end up sitting with a bottle in our hands.
                  AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Well done on day 9 Htide. No whining, as you say. No whinging or moaning. I would be very grateful for your AF time as it is, so far. Keep it going, and here's to 9 more.

Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

You're right, not drinking is the most important thing. Well done!

Comment

madmans;1242016 wrote: i knew i was going to get drunk was the moment my mood changed and i read here some were that there is a chemical reaction that takes place (to make us happy) at that very min we know we are going to get drunk even if it is some time before we have a drink .
                        Dealing with this anger will be something you will have to work on to stay sober , i hope understanding this is normal and to be expected will help but things will get better with time.

learning to pay attention to these signals/trigger's and meet our needs and resolve issues before thing's get out of hand and we end up sitting with a bottle in our hands.
                        Light bulb moment. Thanks, madmans.
                        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Yay for you! I'm on day 6 and noticing this anger thing too. Try sitting in a bath for a while with a candle. It worked for me last night.

Comment

Working...
                          X