Day 8 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 8 today

Hi all. Well... I am feeling a little better today. Went to bed at 7:30 last night. Was just tired. Had a good workout this morning. I am so looking forward to seeing some physical appearance improvements. But I am proud of the healing going on inside. I calculated I was drinking about 3000 calories when drinking wine. One average bottle of my wine had about 1800 calories and I could easily drink 2 or more. Sad sad sad..... My heart does not pound like it used to. Thats great. I will close for now. Thank you all for your help. I need it and I appreciate it so much.

Day 8 today

You are doing great! I think back to the first weeks when i went AL free and i remember it was day by day and some times minute by minute. Each success is a building block and believe me before you know it you will have built a fortress in your defenses against the AL beast.

Stay strong and keep up the great work!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Day 8 today

Shiner, great job. Glad things are going well for you. Hope you keep it up!:goodjob:

Comment

Day 8 today

Shiner,

You are coming to a point where you should be feeling markedly better.

:goodjob:

Keep AF and the healing will continue.

All of us here are cheering you on and we will all be here if you need support.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Day 8 today

You go Shiner! Excellent! I say go to bed whenever you feel like it. You are doing great with no alcohol. And yeah those calories do add up! But in my case I made up for it with SUGAR!

Stay strong and take care

Comment

Day 8 today

Way to go Shiner!

Just waking up in the morning without my heart pounding is such a good feeling. I'm only a day ahead of you - what say we just keep rolling along?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Day 8 today

You guys are so great... Thank you all.... :h

Comment

Day 8 today

Way to go Shiner! You are through the toughest part. Now you just have to keep at it, then sit back and enjoy all the benefits of being AF.

Jolie - You are doing awesome too! Stay strong and keep posting, I love to hear how everyone is succeeding!

I think one of the hardest parts of getting sober is learning to listen to our bodies. If you're tired at 7:30...go to bed! I don't know how many times I forced AL down my throat and forced my body to stay up when all it wanted was rest. Thankfully those days can be over for us now. And it's amazing waking up in the morning with no headache, no mysterious bruises, no anxiety, guilt or shame...isn't it?

Keep up the great work everyone...we're really kicking the crap out of this beast!

K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day 8 today

I agree K9 - so many people here are really accruing some AF days! Keep it going Shiner:l

Comment

Day 8 today

Hey up Shiner well done, keep up the AF days, and u will soon be a skinny minnie, lol
                    I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                    Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Day 8 today

Lilpinkcat.. Lol... I did have a dream that I was looking in the mirrow and I was looking pretty hot. Lmao... How are you doing?

Thanks K9.. My body has only been telling me to eat like I am never going to have food again... Grrrrr

Comment

Day 8 today

Hi Shiner, i'm good thanks, 7 days AF on Friday, feels good, a bit worried about the weekend as its the witching hour, but i will be fine, hope ya well
                        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Day 8 today

day 8 for me too
                          Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Day 8 today

Stella.. That is awesome. Keep it up....
                            Shiner

Comment

Day 8 today

Shiner;1242104 wrote: But I am proud of the healing going on inside.
                              Yeeaah! :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X