Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 10 and finally...

Good Morning...
    Today is the very first day I have woke up and really felt great. I have been waiting and waiting but I feel really good mentally and physically. I hope it stays around. Gonna be a long 4 day weekend for me starting tomorrow. I will be strong and do it AF. It is almost like a anticipated challenge of experiencing things AF. So all I can say is it does happen.. Stay AF and you will start to feel better. Maybe not day 10 but it will happen. Have a great day everyone. Shiner

Day 10 and finally...

Sawwwwweeeet! You've entered the land of DD(double digits) well done, keep it up!!!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1755209=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Day 10 and finally...

That is great Shiner! It is so hard at the beginning but as time goes on it gets better and better.
      So happy for you. Stay strong on the weekend. Just keep in mind what happens when alcohol comes into the picture.

Comment

Day 10 and finally...

Great job Shiner!

You have a great attitude about this long weekend! Yes it does happen. I have really come to love my AF weekends. I am doing the things that make me happy, that drinking used to get in the way of. Spending time with friends, family, staying up late watching movies, cooking special dinners, having popcorn, cooking nice breakfasts, soaking up the relaxation of the weekend instead of sweating through rotten hangovers...I could just go on and on. Jennyneric just posted a nice thread about this recently and it makes me happy to see people enjoying AF life so much!
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Day 10 and finally...

Hi Shine - I'm into DD's too and this is my second AF weekend. I'm looking forward to it too. Saturday night is usually a difficult one for me as DH always goes drinking with his buddy and comes home a tiny bit blasted and acts goofy - I usually (in the past!) would make sure I'd had a few so I could handle his silliness but this week I'll just have to be "busy" when he comes in. He never wants to eat either and I'm usually starved by 6pm - I think I'll plan a really nice dinner for ME!! That'll fix him.

I hope this weekend is a really nice one for YOU. Good for you on double digits and keep it up!
          Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
          (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Day 10 and finally...

Congratulations to Shiner and all who have responded, You all sound so positive.
            Good for you!!!!
            Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
            If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
            November 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
            X