14 days..Learning to take care of me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeping when tired...Eating healthier, went shopping and actually bought thoughtfully instead of just to have something inbetween drunks to survive. Showering daily...talking with my husband about what I'm feeling instead of hearing myself say I'M FINE when I certainly wasn't even close to fine. Life for today is AF and good. God Bless all of you thanks for being here and listening.

Boy, showering daily is a real sign that you are looking after yourself - great!! It's so easy to let that slip and just slump around the house. I know!!! Congrats on 14 days too! I'm on day 13 today. Why not come over to the Newbies Nest? Lots of folks over there everyone from day 1 people to year 1 people. Lots of talk and sharing too. And God Bless you too.
    Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
    (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

HTide, way to go. You too MWOL!

Htide, all the things you're doing really help, don't they --- getting back to the basics! I'm finding joy in the simple things in life these days......Soooooooooooo much better than drinking!

Comment

:goodjob: Congrats on your 14 AF days htide!

Keep going, you'll never be sorry!!!!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

htide. that is just what im doing too. basically im just being kind to myself for a change. im having long long baths and sleeping a lot and having long walks with my dogs. i really am being gentle with myself. its taking a lot of effort to stay sober and my mind is playing huge tricks on me so im doing everything i have to do to feel good. now.... is it time for a nap
          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hi, Htide!
            :goodjob:Fourteen days is excellent!!! Sounds like you are doing so many good things! Keep up the good work!!

TDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

Great Job !
              http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

Working...