Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so pi$$ed off with myself

hi all

late last year i did 3 month of the booze and was going to carry on for longer but decided ``i had drinking under control`` yea right , i then decided to take 2012 booze free managed 6 days and now back into my normal habits drinking 6-7 beers after work and wine , the anxiety , back pain , regrets, guilt and sorrow and pain is all back right at me ! why on earth do i do this

i learnt quite alot on the 3 months booze free but looking back it wasent long enough , but in that short time i did miss the odd drink but overal felt great

so i guess its only early jan and i can re commit !

any thoughts ?

Well, I think your screename says it all. The time IS indeed NOW

We all "fall down" trying to fight this beast, its just almost natural....although Im sure there may be a few people that have quit the first time, I know I didnt.

What better month to start the year off without AL than in January......big deal, so you have to reset the clock a little bit.

You even said it, you dont like anything associated with AL.

Dont beat yourself up, dont put the poison down your throat, and join the rest of us that are trying to stay away from AL......you CAN do this.
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hi time is now, I am on day 9 & have just read a book called kick the drink by Jason Vale
      I enjoyed it hope it helps, Lol I had a panic attack an hour or so ago and managed not to
      grab a drink wheeew. x
      Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

thanks

for your input , i will re set my goals and timeframes and try not to beat the shit out of myself !!!! i have a very young family and a company i run so booze has been a `relaxation ` for me but things need to change

Comment

Know how that feels for the past couple of years i have been using it as stress buster and confidence builder now need to find the strength to do theses things myself, mind you after a paic attack tonight i did eat a huge pack of crisps in seconds, i might end up looking like a whale
          Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

The main thing is dont beat yourself up. It serves no purpose. Just pick yourself up and hop back on the wagon. I slipped after 2 years. Our lil brains tell us we have this beat after a while, but we are always one drink away from a horrible experience. I stopped counting days. It actually made me feel more anxious. I just dont drink. I can't drink. I shouldnt drink. I wont drink.
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

The Best thing you can do for yourselves is go to the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html, find the tools you need to make a good plan & get down to business!

You have to want to quit more than you want to drink so make the commitment

You all can do this!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X