Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new

Hi,

I'm new and a little scared of all this. I have read a few of the postings and think this might be a good place to start. I wake up every morning thinking why do I do this to myself but by evening am right back at it. I always say I will have just 1 but usually ends up to be at least 4. I know it is starting to affect my family and know it is time to stop.
    I look forward to talking to all of you and hope this helps me stay on track.

:new:
    "What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it."
    Catherine Pulsifer

I'm new

Hi Mumof2 and a very warm :welcome:

Well done for taking this huge step! The people here are really supportive and you will find all the help and support that you need, Last night was my 5th alcohol free day in a row and I haven't managed that in probably 20 years other than being pregnant with my daughter.

I couln't have done it without the help and support of the people here.

All the best to you, and please ask if you need any advice.

Lots of love & Hugs, Paula :h :l :h
    sigpicXXX

Comment

I'm new

Hi there, my children are a huge motivation for me too, day 12 for me and each sober day gets better and better. I don't want my children to grow up thinking that daily drinking is the norm, as it was for me when I was growing up. best wishes Love sam xx

Comment

I'm new

Welcome Mom. This really is a great place to get the support you need. I am also working on my daughter not seeing me drink every day. Not a good thing for them to witness. Stick around!!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I'm new

Hello and welcome. This is a great place . It has helped me a lot

Comment

I'm new

:welcome: Momof 2. You will love the support you get from here. I have only been here a few days and I feel the love all around here. It's great you came here. Don't beat yourself up. And admitting you have a problem is a great step to take. It's hard but reading posts here and the support you get makes it easier. You are not alone in this struggle. Once I realized that, it made knowing I need to do the work easier.

:h to you.

Comment

I'm new

Thank you

Hi,

Thank you for warm welcome. Way to go Paula and queen. My boys are my motivation as well as my husband. We will be having our 20th anniversary in April and I want it to be a good one without alcohol. I already feel good about joining this group and feel at home.
              :thanks:
              "What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it."
              Catherine Pulsifer

Comment

I'm new

Hey Mom2,

Hang in there. I know what you mean about waking up saying "never again" only to hit the bottle come sundown. I've been here since July, some slips, but you won't find a more supportive, caring and informed lot. Do get the book, cds and supps and keep posting!:welcome:

Gloria

Comment

I'm new

Hi and welcome Momof2boys,
                  I could have written your message!
                  I joined in November and it has changed my life.
                  I am so grateful for this place and the fantastic people here.
                  ~Laura
                  ~Laura

Insanity
                  : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X