Know I need help.... Maybe that's the first step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waking up this Sunday morning in my recliner, again. Started out the new year by getting the starter pack, now I have to find the courage to use it. I hate being a drunk and i am scared of how al is slowly killing me.

Well, kiddo, you've come to the right place. I remember once waking up on an old couch in my brother's front yard, and staring at me was a chicken!! this was on a "hippie" farm - years ago - you can't imagine the hangover I had that day, and many more days too.

But this is day 21 AF for me...and you too can start to rack up the AF days - so get going. We're all here to support you!! and Welcome!!!
    Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
    (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Welcome Ranger

You have come to a good place and you are right-admitting that you need help is the first step. This place has been a lifesaver for me.

We've all had mornings of waking up someplace we surely did not want to be!

Comment

Hello & welcome Ranger!

MWO is a good place, lots of help available here.
        Taking control of your life, starting today is a great idea!

Did you get the MWO book? If not, download it right no wfrom the Health store here.
        Then go to the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html & grab some ideas to help you make your plan.

Do those few things for yourself today & wake up tomorrow morning in your own bed feeling proud of yourself. Just try it - it's a great feeling.

Visit us in the Newbies Nest for ongoing support.
        Wishing you the best!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:welcome:Hi Ranger. Just wanted to welcome you. Read, read, read, and post a lot - it helps. As Lav mentioned, think about coming to the Newbie's Nest where there is a lot of daily support. :lilheart:

Comment

Hi Ranger,

I just want to say welcome and lend you some support. This is a great place to come for support, especially the newbies nest thread. I am only too familiar with the fear and self disgust that you are talking about. The good thing is that you and I and many others here are waking up to what we are doing and deciding to change.
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Hi Ranger. Just wanted to say hi and echo everyone's posts. Stay close. This board has helped me alot. Today is day 20. First time in over 10 years... And it is a great feeling....
              Take care....

Shiner

Comment

welcome ranger and congrats on coming here. Im doing day 1 again but at least the af days are getting more frequent.

congrats shine on 20 days, bet your feeling so happy with yourself and so you should be.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Welcome, you are among your people here!
                  I once woke up in a Dorm with two different shoes (neither of them mine) and a pair of handcuffs on. (a friend had played a joke bit he passed out and I couldn't find the key). Real fun.
                  Stick around. Build up some time and remember it will get easier. We didn't become like this overnight. So we won't be healed overnight. But we can get a bit done every day.
                  Day 1 again 11/5/19
                  Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                  Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                  Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                  11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                  12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

As others have stated, read, post, ask questions(no such thing as a dumb question), kick the tires, push buttons, you wont break anything.

This is a great place with much support and MUCH information....someone, somewhere on here, knows exactly what you are going through, or you are going to go through.

Wishing you all the knowledge, support, and strength needed to reach your goals....oh yeah....try setting a few very small attainable goals. As you pick each one off, you will feel that much better.
                    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

:welcome: Ranger!

Ditto to what everyone else here has said. Read and post - we are all here to help.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Best of luck Ranger. One day at a time. Ditto the posts. Each AF day makes you feel better.
                        Great group of folks here....lots of good advice. You've come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                        X