Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Beginning

Oh and for a laugh...

My mother and her mother have been in a fight for the last three months. My mother is an angry recluse and my nana has never needed anyone so bad since my grandfather passed away two years ago... My mother was tired of my nana glumming on to her all of the time so basically cut off all communication as she needed her "space".

Feeling badly about their falling out, and during one of my drunken stupors in late November, I actually went on line to the "Price is Right's" website to order tickets to send them there! :H

Here I thought I would solve their dispute by sending them to California together to attend a game show! Once I sobered up and when I realized what I have done I cancelled their reservations. I laugh. I laugh. I laugh.

Gosh I am an idiot at times. All I want is world peace - and the only way to get it is to attend the Price is Right?? :H

Comment

A New Beginning

Hi and welcome CW!

Keep reading and posting, there's lots of good info here. I'm not taking meds (Topa/Campral), but I have found the kudzu to be helpful with cravings. I also take the All One powder which I think can cover a lot of the nutrient deficiencies that we drinkers seem to have.

Good luck!

pixie
      AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

A New Beginning

I am laughing with you

Accountable I am just laughing right now, I actually sent a letter to Dr. Phil in one of my stoopers. I thank God I never heard back. You are right you have to laugh if you don't you will cry.
        I am trying so hard today it is after 8 and I still haven't had a drink. I think coming on here is better for me and am actually thinking of making a cup of tea, but ooohhhh the rye is calling me from the cupboard.

Thank you for the laugh.
        :H :H :h
        "What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it."
        Catherine Pulsifer

Comment

A New Beginning

You are doing well!

momoftwoboys - you are doing soooo well! Keep up the good work. The first few days are the roughest! I know if I had booze in the house, I would be toasted. Good for you for having the will power!

Comment

A New Beginning

Thank you Accountable,

Thanks for all the encouragement. I actually did make myself a cup of tea, and its not bad lol.
            I think you all are doing so well and are beautiful people.
            Kepp up the good work all.
            :h :h
            "What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it."
            Catherine Pulsifer

Comment

Working...
            X