Hi everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone

I've just registered today. Have ordered CDs and supplements - hope they help. Sometimes i can contol my drinking, sometimes I can't - I just can't predict either way. I generally have a few alcohol free days every week. But then I get greedy with it at the weekends. And when I'm greedy, I suffer blackouts, a general inability to walk, talk absolute crap and have massive panic attacks the next day. I drink when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I need confidence, when I want to relax, when I'm with people or when I'm on my own - I'm not fussy! There are times when I don't function well in work because Im hungover. And more importantly I'm worried about the impact on my relationship. My partner and I plan to buy a house togther this year. He has pased comment on the state I get myself into sometimes but he doesn't realise the true extent of my drinking. As much as I love drinking I recognise its messing my life up and I really need to do something about it. Any advice is most welcome. x

Hi everyone

Welcome Nicole! Great start getting the CDs and supps. I hope they work for you as well. This is a very supportive place where you will see your story is similar to many of us. I wish you the best!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi everyone

Great Start!

Good job on recognizing you want to change. And for obtaining the tools you need to help you along. Keep us posted and keep on posting! Welcome!:welcome:

Comment

Hi everyone

Hey you took the first major steps to get healthier. You know you have a problem and you are moving to things to work on the problem. Welcome and keep coming back. That works for me. I am a binger. I can go with out it at times also. But lately binging has taken over. I would look forward to the times when I could just get smashed and I would lie and all the terrible parts of my personality would take over. I was losing control. It wouldn't be that hard for me to drink all the freakin' time at the moment. I decided that wasn't where I wanted to be and it would endanger my relationship with Hubby. Just read posts and keep posting. You are not alone. That's meant a lot to me when I found this place. You will get support here.

Huggs

Comment

Hi everyone

Hi Nicole -

Welcome! You've found a great place with wonderful people. My advice is to read and read, and post too.

I know what you mean about your loved one not knowing the extent of the problem. My husband was really blind to it at first - of course I helped a little by sneaking drinks, hiding bottles - LOL!

pixie
          AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Hi everyone

welcome Nicole, sounds like a perfect turning-point opportunity. congrads!!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi everyone

Hi Nicole.
              This is a great place. I hope that you enjoy the journey as much as I am.

Comment

Hi everyone

Hi

Hi Nicole:welcome:

This is a great place to be you will find as much support as you need take every day as it comes you can do it.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                X