First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Post

Okay Toby - you won - I've done the dishes and wiped down the worktops - is my halo blinding you yet? LOL!!! Pebbles, you will be amazed at the people here - I've never been or experienced anywhere like it - and as your old Dad would say - YABBA DABBA DOO!

Love
    The Terror

Comment

First Post

:welcome: Keep coming back.:h

Comment

First Post

Thanks so much for your support. If I disappear in the middle of a thread or don't post for a while, it's because my partner has come home and he doesn't get any of this. One day, when I'm stronger and in a better place we'll talk, but he doesn't have a Scooby doo!

Bless him , he's the sort to have A beer and enjoy it then not think about it for a month or two. He thinks if I love him and our son then I should be able to just stop drinking. In the mornings, I totally agree with him, logically he's right!. BUT, around about 3.00pm the panic starts, will there be wine in the house for the evening, will there be enough? Then it goes from there untill I'm ratted and hate myself and everyone, etc etc etc.

That was until MYO. I did explain it to him when I discovered it in the summer, in fact he ordered the Topa for me. But he thinks thats it now..that's me cured! Doesn't realise it's a work in progress and I haven't the energy to go over it time and time again with him. I'd rather talk to you, people who are on the same wave length.

Last night was great, becoming a member, untill he came in and needed the Royal Laptop...so I went to bed and kept composing threads to you in my head. Bonkers or what? I've so much to say, but it may take years to come out.

Thanks again for listening.
        Pebbles.

Comment

First Post

Hi, yes I've found site very positive too. Very warm and welcoming. I've noone else to confide in as I keep my problem hidden. But here there is no judgement or stigma - which is a huge burden to be freed of. Good luck and welcome back. xx

Comment

First Post

Hey Pebbles
            Isn't it amazing when people think that because you have what you have you 'should' be happy, I too have a beautiful child and I know my family and husband especially think I should be sooo happy, and I am its all I ever wanted .. yet I still need to drink to blot out these awful feelings of self hatred .. my husband like yours can drink a beer or 2 every night but thats it .. my Husband is full of self confidence, he has never been left in a room alone while others ignore him or talk over him, he has never ever doubted himslf or has wondered if people like him .. he knows that everyone loves him .. this makes me so crazy and so resentful towards him, half the time he doesn't even want to know what I do or how I feel, which is how all this drinking alone and in secret started .. its amazing how someone can be sitting in the same room as you or sleeping in the same bed yet you can still feel like the lonliest person in the world ...
            Anyhoo on a brighter note its another day and we are here to tell our story, we have found this site and each other so thats something to be sooo grateful for xx

Comment

First Post

Hey Pebbles
              Isn't it amazing when people think that because you have what you have you 'should' be happy, I too have a beautiful child and I know my family and husband especially think I should be sooo happy, and I am its all I ever wanted .. yet I still need to drink to blot out these awful feelings of self hatred .. my husband like yours can drink a beer or 2 every night but thats it .. my Husband is full of self confidence, he has never been left in a room alone while others ignore him or talk over him, he has never ever doubted himslf or has wondered if people like him .. he knows that everyone loves him .. this makes me so crazy and so resentful towards him, half the time he doesn't even want to know what I do or how I feel, which is how all this drinking alone and in secret started .. its amazing how someone can be sitting in the same room as you or sleeping in the same bed yet you can still feel like the lonliest person in the world ...
              Anyhoo on a brighter note its another day and we are here to tell our story, we have found this site and each other so thats something to be sooo grateful for xx

Comment

Working...
              X