Going Crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Crazy

I have recently stopped taking 2.5 mg Xanax to sleep just because I thought I didn't need anything to help me and I have been in a downward spiral ever since. I should never have stopped without titrating down and I now know this.

I have been to both my family doctor, the ER and now a Physcatrist who as perscribed Baclofin to help me with the horrible anxiety im experiencing. She has also put me back on Xanax until the Baclofin starts to work. Im a little hesitant to take this drug because it seems I will be switching one drug for another, but I cannot live with this anxiety. Im going to start the Baclofin tomorrow .

Wish me luck!

Going Crazy

Hey GO what has this got to do with your drinking? Has this worsened it or .......?

Comment

Going Crazy

all benxos have horrible withdrawals....I am sorry for what you are going through
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Going Crazy

GC, just wanted to post a link to the meds thread where there's lots of info on Bac:

Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums

Best of luck.

Comment

Going Crazy

Good luck! You're in a good place to help you get through this! Keep posting and read lots... it helps a lot

Comment

Going Crazy

Hi Going Crazy,

I also withdrew from benzos a few months ago. Valium and Ativan. I had no idea this would be a problem and I wasn't even taking that much until the last couple of weeks. I was miserable. It takes awhile to feel better but the worst passes-for me it was a week or two of feeling badly and then a few more of feeling the effects. I hope the bac helps!

Crazy for Wine

Comment

Going Crazy

don't feel alone...

goingcrazy;1253996 wrote: I have recently stopped taking 2.5 mg Xanax to sleep just because I thought I didn't need anything to help me and I have been in a downward spiral ever since. I should never have stopped without titrating down and I now know this.

I have been to both my family doctor, the ER and now a Physcatrist who as perscribed Baclofin to help me with the horrible anxiety im experiencing. She has also put me back on Xanax until the Baclofin starts to work. Im a little hesitant to take this drug because it seems I will be switching one drug for another, but I cannot live with this anxiety. Im going to start the Baclofin tomorrow .

Wish me luck!
              hi..this is panda...i am "going crazy" too!! I am taking baclofen to help me to eventually get off klonipin (benzo)...and having a rough time of it!! Tried to go down on klon at 60mg baclofen but had to go back up 4 days later. So now i'm thinking that i will have to stabilize on the bac before I can even think about dropping any on the klon. Thinking I may have to get higher than 60mg bac first...how much...who knows?!?! BTW...how much baclofen are you starting on and gong up to...if you know?? I'm here and maybe we can get through this together!! I was on xanax once and went off cold turkey (dr's decision)...and it was so horrible that I don't know hoe i lived thru it!! I think you are right to go back on xanax until you stabilize on the bac!! truly wishing you the best!! Panda

Comment

Working...
              X