Take 87 - I want to be sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope I dont offend anyone by this but I'm not sparkly, I won't stand out and I would probably get lost in this mess. This is my first time posting and thinking I might have a problem. I will say this...it's harder than hell to find a forum to talk about this - and I'm tech savvy! If I find a road out of this hell, I would like to make it easier for people to find a place like this - because I think you guys are amazing but missing a large spectrum of people.

:welcome: Xianne

This is indeed a wonderful forum and after some AF time I promise you, you will be sparkly and shiney. Everyone here is important and we all support and are here for each other.

Have you found the Newbies Nest? Its a great place to link up with others at the same stage in their journey. Please also check out https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html where there is great info and tips on staying sober.

Xianne this forum changed my life, if you want sobriety it can be be yours.
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Xianne

Im the same, not sparkly or good at being chatty. I post a wee bit but then go back to lurking around reading other peoples posts. Always been an outsider of sorts but everyone here has been really nice to me and you will always get a reply to a post.

Comment

Take 87 or take 1000, in reality all that matters, is that you have the desire for change. Dont know that I could count the amount of tries I had, but it was surely a very high number.

You dont need to be "sparkly and standout" just do whatever feels right to you. We all have different personalities online, much as we do in life. You will be able to take tons of great info, and support from this board. That certainly doesnt preclude you from joining in at any time you feel the need. Remember, there is no such thing as a dumb question.

Ive been here about 9 months, and to my amazement, I have yet to see ANYTHING remotely close to "drama". With this many members, that is a true accomplishment, because drama is on EVERY other board that I frequent.

All you will get here is people going through, or that have gone through what you are, and some ways/techniques to cope with it. There is also a fair amount of support and "accountability". As strange as it sounds part of what has helped me so far, I think, is not having to come on here and say, I slipped up.

So, here's what I suggest to all the new members. Jump on in here like you own the place, pretend you've known everyone since grade school. Dont be afraid to share your thoughts, fears, questions(within your comfort zone), and I think very quickly you will be able to let your hair down, and use this board as the valuable asset it can be. You will also probably start to get a few friends on here....its just a by product of being here.

Lastly, set some small attainable goals.....1 day 7 days 14 days and on and on. And try your hardest to get to the 30 day mark. The time can even be broken down into hours or minutes if necassary.

Wishing you all the knowledge, strength, and support needed to reach your goals
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Xianne - :welcome:

Nelz and the others before have given some great advice. Don't think you will find many here (if any) who get it right the first time. MWO is very supportive and we are all a great bunch here! Like Nelz said - no drama here.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

nelz u just said such true words and this is why i keep coming back. X hoping all goes well and like us all we love this site and are a great bunch of pple from newbies to the more experienced who still try and help and give our opinions good or bad. I am so glad i found this place as even though i am not af i do have af days whereas i didnt before
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Welcome Xianne - you have found a wonderful place to be - we are a great bunch of very supportive folk who are all in the same boat - wherever we are on our path!! Read, post, ask questions - usually someone will have some sort of answer for you. I am so pleased that you found us!

Hugs, Sun
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

welcome Xianne
                we are here for anyone that wants to talk. we have all been there and from what i see and read there isn't a story that someone hasn't also lived through. you can open up and spill your guts.. LOL really!

glad your here
                caper
                caper
                AF since Sept 2013...
                :alf:

Comment

:welcome: Xianne!

We're all in the same boat. Some have rowed farther than others, but no matter. We (I) keep moving in some fashion, whether it's posting our slips, or announcing quietly or loudly our successes. Most important, we make friends and are supportive of one another.

You can be a wallflower--whatever makes you comfortable.

Again, welcome.

My best to you.

Juja
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Welcome Xianne!
                    Please feel free to post whatever you are comfortable with. As Nelz said, this place is pretty drama-free. We're all here for one reason, and that reason is that we want to quit drinking. No matter what you've done, I can guarantee someone on here can relate. You never need to feel alone around here. The support and encouragement is amazing. We're simply here to help each other. I'm glad you found us, and look forward to hearing more from you.
                    K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                    X