Red Wine Drinker :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Wine Drinker :(

Hi, i am new to HERE :new: Really hope this website can help me ... I really want to quit drinking red wine I have been drinking wayyyyy tooo much in the past 2 years. Sometimes, i drink like 2L a night ... I think i am functional alcoholic ...Tonight is my day 2 quit drinking ... hopefully i can make it to day 3.

Red Wine Drinker

RWD, welcome:welcome:

Be sure to visit the Newbie's Nest where there's lots of support and advice. Do you have a plan? The Toolbox under Monthly Abstinence has lots of ideas. Be sure to read a lot and post so we can try to help.

Best to you.

Comment

Red Wine Drinker

Just wanted to welcome you, too. Stick around, and as Unwated said, be sure to go to the newbies nest and meet lots of others in the same place you are!

:welcome:TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

Red Wine Drinker

Hi from me too! Boy, we sure have been keeping some vineyards in business over the years eh? But not any more!!!! Welcome. Hope you stick around and let us get to know you. Lots of great support here and suggestions, and ideas etc. Have a great, SOBER weekend.
        Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
        (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Red Wine Drinker

Welcome! I hope you have made your day 3. How are you doing? You have found a good place to start and lots of support. Isn't it nice to know you're not alone by a long shot??! My drink was mainly vodka and then I turned to red wine when I was trying to "cut down,." Yeah, that didn't work! But MWO helps, read and post to get through those times when you need a distraction and reminder that you are choosing a new way to cope

Good luck!

Comment

Red Wine Drinker

Hi redwinedrinker,

Glad you found MWO, this is a good place

Be sure to download the MWO book - it's a good place to start! Congrats on your 2 AF days, that's a great start! Arm yourself with a good plan too.

Drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support. Lots of folks there just starting out as well!
            Wishing you the best!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Red Wine Drinker

I hope uou are on day 3 by now-great support here! Doesn't matter what you drink to get drunk, all that matters is to stop. SOOOO much easier said than done-but worth it.
              Stay strong and keep coming around

Comment

Red Wine Drinker

Hi Redwinedrinker, I hope you made it to day 3 too. I've been weaning from an 8 year lots of white wine habbit and I'm down to 3 and a half and want to stop completley. Please let me know how you are doing. Maybe I won't be so scared to just end it once and for all than. Keep trying RWD, you are already on your way to recovery.
                Stumpy,
                AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Red Wine Drinker

I made it to DAY 7 GUYS !!! Thanks for all the support!! OMGGGG, I was so close to get back to my drinking life... I really don’t know how long I can last…  But I promise I will try my best …. Again, thx for all the support!!

Comment

Red Wine Drinker

redwinedrinker;1255119 wrote: Hi, i am new to HERE :new: Really hope this website can help me ... I really want to quit drinking red wine I have been drinking wayyyyy tooo much in the past 2 years. Sometimes, i drink like 2L a night ... I think i am functional alcoholic ...Tonight is my day 2 quit drinking ... hopefully i can make it to day 3.
                    Me too ! Drinking exactly sametime - red wine every evening & of course at Christmas it was a free for all - 'cos you can drink during the day :upset:
                    I NEED to stop - have a plan though .

Comment

Working...
                    X