looking for a way out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for a way out

want to quit, don't know where to start.

Rian

looking for a way out

rian - :welcome:

You've found a wonderful place! Start by reading, reading, reading. Ask questions too - bet you will find many here with similar stories as yours.

Others wil be along to add lots more helpful information.

Making up your mind that you want to quit is the first imortant decision to make. Look forward to getting to know you.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

looking for a way out

rian;1256659 wrote: want to quit, don't know where to start.

Rian
      That's it Rian. You've made a start because you want to. All it takes. Good luck friend.
      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

looking for a way out

Hey Rian

Coming here is a start, and a good one. If you think it would help to talk to people who know exactly what you're going through this is the place.
        Lots of resources here, and I think it takes a serious personal commitment. I went back and forth for a long time but feel strong now.
        You can do it! It probably seems hopeless and you might be thinking that you can't but YOU CAN.
        What's your story? If you want to tell it. Probably not much different from anyone here.

Comment

looking for a way out

Rian,:welcome:

Here is a link to the Toolbox, which has some good information on how to get started. Let us know more about your particular situation. The Newbie's Nest is a great spot for daily support.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Comment

looking for a way out

Hello & welcome Rian,

Glad you found us, this is a good place

A great place to start is with the MWO book. You can download it right from the Health store here on the site. Then make yourself a good working plan using the ideas from the Tool box.

Please feel free to drop in the Newbies nest thread for more support. Lots of folks there just getting started as well.

Wishing you the best!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

looking for a way out

Been at it for years, currently having more than 200 ml of hard liquor at least five days a week, awake in the morning with feelings of guilt, no hangovers, but promise myself not to drink today, but the same thing happens.
              Overcome with feeling of guilt, depressed.

Comment

looking for a way out

hi rian,
                the feeling of guilt, depression and anxiety will go away once you stop. I was in the same boat as you and felt hopeless but now i sleep all night and wake up feeling great. I know its seems impossible from where you are now but it happens. the first couple of days are the worst then its like the clouds lift and sun comes out.

take it one hour and one day at a time..
                caper
                caper
                AF since Sept 2013...
                :alf:

Comment

Working...
                X