Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irie's Journey to 30 days...

Coming in late tonight!!!

For the last couple of weeks I have been putting in my Yoga CDs and today I had a 70 minute practice and tonight a 55 minute wind down practice... it feels so good, but still working on getting the chatter out of my brain... to get the concentration on the poses especially the balance poses.. I want to serious start to practice meditation ... maybe tomorrow..

I then watched the most depressing movie... don't recall the name but it was an Ingmar Bergman film with subtitles ... I not sure I even understood what it was about

The thought has crossed my mind a few times tonight to have "a glass or two"... but I know it would not just be a "glass or two"... so have not acted on my thought and I have all of you to thank ... you all make me fell like I am not alone in my feelings and urges pass... where I still have a concern is when I get in a very upsetting situation ... that is a trigger I am still working on

Ishy you were smart coming right back after your slip

Night to all of you

Comment

Hello Guys!

So last night in the middle of what would be my old witching hour - 6pm on Friday night - I dragged myself to a Spinning class at the Y. It actually felt great AFTER. Then I watched a video I had rented (hubby is out of town). I have to admit I ate 2 bowls of ice cream - but i'm trying not to obsess about my weight right now and just get to a point where I'm racking up the AF days first.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Ishy - each slip can be something to learn from. Congratulations for coming right back.

Have a great day all! Irie - how was the George Clooney movie?

Comment

Good morning,
        Had a mellow evening last night with the family. I really didn't crave much at all Yay!
        Mylife, i have read that you are not supposed to eat sweets when going AF because they can trigger a lapse. Honestly, i really think a good sweet or dessert can really help me. I'd rather eat a bowl of ice cream than drink a bottle of wine.
        I would feel really great today if my 17 year old cat didn't wake me up about ten times! He's really losing it but I still luv,luv him.

Comment

Hey guys, no time to read back right now but Ishy - I find eating sweets absolutely HELPS cravings BIG TIME!! I wouldn't try to cut back at the beginning when you're going AF - later after you feel secure if at all. Just my $0.02!! :lilheart:

Comment

Ishy - I agree the sweets should be watched - especially in the long run. But in the beginning I think it's a big help to have something there. I've heard this from a lot of people who've made it to long term sobriety. I will definitely have to cut back at some point b/c I don't want to gain any more weight!!

Comment

Day 20!

I can't believe that I just typed day 20!! Whoohoo! The movie was a great way to avoid the witching hour. We did end up seeing the Descendents. It was a fun way to spend a couple of hours. Nothing earth shattering, just a nice feel good movie.

Okay, I am planning a cheat ... from my diet! I have been so good on Medifast, but really, it's all a little much for me right now, I need a little break from being so "good". It's much more important to me to stay AF than it is to stay on the diet, so ice cream for me tonight! Ha ha! (I can't wait!)
              ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
              -----------------------------------
              Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Wow Irie

Day 20! 3 weeks tomorrow! That is terrific!

Go for the ice cream. Now and then it's a harmless treat and it's so good.
                Beats the hell out of alcohol any day!

Have a great weekend.

Comment

Day 21!

I went a little nuts with the food yesterday! I had some lasagne to go along with that ice cream. No big deal, though. I think I've got it out of my system and am ready to jump back on the diet.

I can't wait to reach 30 days! At that point I think my new plan will be to stop counting. I'd like being AF to just be something I do. For now, though, I'm happy to knock off each day on the way to 30.

How's everyone else doing? Did you make it through the weekend?
                  ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                  Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

so proud of you, Irie, for being able to type that 21!!
                    i'm a couple of days behind you and feel great. i don't know why it hasn't been as difficult this time. somehow i have it programmed in my head that i don't drink-- and i haven't been as worried about what others will think. it feels good.
                    have a wonderful sunday!!

Comment

doing well here... weekend is flying by and the weather has been wonderful for Feb. Hope our summer is not too hot or too dry

Irie your days are ticking by.. 9 more to your goal... that is just around the corner!!

Got to go feed the horses... will try and check in later

Comment

slipped too - Day one again!
                        I will have slipped 6 times in Feb, which all considering is still way better than I was this time last year - so 23 AF days in Feb (did prefer the AF Dec and Jan thou!)
                        triggers - lonely weekend when girls are with their Dad - just hate it! and went to grocery store at 5pm on Friday - huge mistake.
                        Not a happy camper this weekend, but will live and learn and become stronger!
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SL, 23 AF days in February is fantastic! It's wonderful that when you do drink you are able to get right back on track again. I don't think I could do that. Typically if I slip up it takes days, if not weeks to pull it together again. You are doing great!
                          Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Congrats on day 21 Irie, 3 weeks AF! I plan to see the Descendants, will save it for when I need nice feel good movie. I saw Safehouse last night, it was pretty awesome, lots of action... good distraction from the night.

SL, way to get back on the day 1 horse, knowing your triggers will help so much the next time so you can catch yourself before the slip.

I'm on day 3 and doing well, cravings are low and looking forward to getting back into the work routine.. jeesh, normally I look forward to the weekends, now it seems like too much time on my hands.

Good luck for AF Sunday everyone!

Comment

Morning everyone

SL - 23 AF days in feb is an amazing achievement, dont beat yourself up too much over it

Ishy - It looks like it was just a minor slip, so dont be hard on yourself either

Everyone else, hope you all made it through the weekend safe and sound.

Weekend for me was very busy doing kid and family stuff. Am on 3 weeks AF today

Irie, I also like your train on thought, count to 30 and then AF is just something you do. However I would (for me) still like to count the months until I no longer feel I need to. I have noticed that the AL thoughts are subsiding a little bit( ie not taking taking up 100% of my brain)

I hope you loverly ladies have a wonderful week. Hopefully I cna be on this thread a bit more this week

xx

Comment

Today;1269482 wrote: looking forward to getting back into the work routine.. jeesh, normally I look forward to the weekends, now it seems like too much time on my hands.
                                That's funny, Today! I've been thinking the same thing. Hopefully as we get our brains straightend out we'll start looking forward to all that free time!

Mum! You are doing so well! You are just marching right along. We had similar drinking habits and have quit for the same amount of time, so I know how great you are feeling!

Well, I guess I'll settle in for a little Academy Awards. Kind of a frivolous way to spend the evening, but I'm just being really easy on myself right now. If I get through a day and I don't drink, then I've accomplished the most important thing I possibly could for the day!
                                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Working...
                                X