Irie's Journey to 30 days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning everyone - irie - March is round the corner - you can start again - no worries! have you thought about what was your trigger point? have you thought about trying the L-Glut? It really does help with those cravings......Hugs to you anyway :l

Herbie - I second everyone else - I had a cancer taken off my nose too, many years ago - it was no big deal - as you said - back then - what was sun screen? Baby oil more like to help you get a tan!!!

Hubs and I did talk about him drinking and we talked about maybe just on weekends and we both know that it would never work so he is back to not drinking again. We ended up laughing about his drinking that night though - too long to go into here but we are fine. After he tried denying how drunk he was!! I KNEW! We alkies always know!

I have to go to work - hi to everyone else - wonderful on the month - looking forward to seeing Marchs thread too - we will soldier on with this!

Love and hugs - have a grand day everyone,

Sun X
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Irie, just FYI, I posted a good article about relapsing in three places this morning. It's worth reading.......under Newbie's Nest, February Free, and a new thread under General. :lilheart:

Comment

Irie

You are a brave one... you put it on the line this this post and then came on and admitted a slip...you have done so well and you will do so again..I really admire you Irie.. we are human we are on a road to change for some almost life long behavior...think of all the people who fail on a diet... excessive weight can be as harmful as AL... with many of the same underlying issues... triggers, emotional support etc.. you had 23 days sober that you would not have had if you did not eve try.. 23 days that is excellent.. Last year Blondie made a comment that she was not going to dwell on how many days in row she was sober but how many days in the year sober..we all want to be AL free, we all have our slips... coming here and posting shows your strength and commitment.. think about why how you can not react the same way the next time and learn... and grow...

Comment

Irie - :l:l

Please come back quickly. I know exactly how you feel but the ultimate goal is to just keep on and you WILL achieve your goal. Please don't feel ashamed - you were very brave to come on here and post, and you had 23 FANTASTIC AF days in February. That's a real accomplishment.

Have a wonderful day. :h

Comment

Irie, it's great that you posted. Try not to feel fatalistic about this....it's just a slip NOT a train wreck.
            I think our alcoholic brains immediately slip into a WTF "i failed" attitude which of course can put you into a downward spiral. Instead of failure, look at the amazing success an HUGE accomplishment you have achieved. I am not sugar coating it either, any AF day is a success and a step in the right direction. Your amazing and very strong. You can get back on track. It's just a blip on the radar.

Ishy

Comment

Irie - I echo all the posts above, concentrate on what you have achieved and grow from this experience. As Ishy said, it is just a slip, not a train wreck. Hugs to you, thinking of you and you ARE a strong lady and will come out of this even stonger xxx

Comment

You guys are so great! I was really dreading logging on. I didn't want a whole bunch of sympathy, or too much attention, I just really wanted to get past this and move on, and that's exactly what you all said. And that I'm strong. Just what I needed to hear.

So I'm back on Day One. I don't think I'll start each day by announcing which day I'm on anymore as this experience taught me a little humility. But I still will post here a lot. I really appreciate you all so much. Having you to talk to is like having a friend who you are completely honest with and who wants the best for you. I feel lucky to have you in my corner, and I hope you know I'm in yours!
                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                -----------------------------------
                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Irie - I totally understand! Well done for coming back, it helps all of us to feel comfortable when we are able to do this.
                  there is a great thread that has helped me to think about what I am struggling with, with some really good thinking - i am not good about being able to do the links - it is "is this my imagination...or what" by Tipperlette - I think you will find company there, I know I did.
                  March is a new month and a fresh day....
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Good morning everyone,
                    How's it going Irie, SL, Mumof2, ML, Don't let this thread die! I'm looking forward to this weekend and setting some personal goals for myself. The what do I want to be when I grow up kind of goals. I hope everyone is doing o.k. Sl, i'm going to look for the Tipperlette thread. I think one of my drinking issues or one that keeps/kept me drinking is super lo self esteem. Its a vicious cycle.
                    Happy Friday all.
                    ishy

Comment

Hello All!

There is also a "March Motivators" thread in General Discussion that is really good. Let's keep this going! Irie I hope you're back and going strong again!

Have a great day!

Comment

Irie. 23 days is awesome & 1 slip. Good for you. I'm happy you are back & ready to move forward. That's what you do learn from our mistakes. You inspire me!!
                        Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                        Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                        10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                        2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                        Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                        AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                        Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...hat-58765.html

trying to post link because this thread is really helping me with my internal struggle. So agree Ishy and beating myself up instead of working out what i am achieving - this is a thought provoking thread....it works for me...
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi Evevyone,

Hope you are all going well.

Irie - how are you going??? I tried to PM you, but your logon is not set up the accept PMs'

Hope everyone has a fab weekend

xx

Comment

Hi All,

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I'm racking up the days - one at a time!

Have a fantastic AF day everyone!

Comment

Hey Irie and Pals!:l It's day 10, a big fat Hen! :H (trying to rhyme my days, haha)

Irie, may I put in my 2 cents? I wholeheartedly agree with everyone here, your journey is still on course....If you were taking an actual journey across the country in your vehicle, and you had a minor accident, but the car was still fine to drive, would you turn around and go back home? NO, you would thank God that it was only a minor incident and continue on your journey. Put things into perspective. This is no setback, it's a fender-bender, and luckily only surface scrapes.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                                Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                                X