hi there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi there

Hi to all at MWO I just came accross this wonderful site yesterday,and think i have found somewhere to find help get answers,and also help others,my name is joe and Im from Scotland.Had my last drink on sunday,Im on Campral which was very successful the last time I tried to stop,and I had 5 years AF. I have been drinking almost daily maybe 4 years or more since I tried to go down the controlled drinking route,which I have found out the hard way is not from me,as slowly but surely I gradually began drinking more and more each day. So my goal just now is to break my cycle of drinking and build up a period of abstinence and take each day as it comes.I wish everyone well and also hope to make some friends along the way best wishes to everyone at MWO Joe from Scotland.

hi there

Hi Molly
    lovely to hear from you its good to chat to others who know where you coming from only found this site yesterday and its seems like a place where we can all get well together hope you have a nice day Im at work just now take care and thanks for taking time to say hi, the only way is up Joe

Comment

hi there

Hi Pizzaman :welcome:

Wow, five years of sobriety..........that's both amazing and frightening (that you could let it go). Isn't it crazy that we are willing to try drinking again? I appreciate your posting this, though, as it helps those of us new on the journey realize what we would be setting ourselves up for if we decided to try to moderate again!

Glad you've joined us, Joe. It's a great place with a lot of supportive people.

Sending you peace and strength. :lilheart:

Comment

hi there

Welcome Pizzaman, I'm sure you will be very happy here. Lots of support.
        make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

hi there

Hi Joe and welcome! I'm glad you made it here. This is a great place for support, much better than I had imagined when I stumbled onto it. Alot of people here really focus on the positive side of not drinking. which has really helped me shift my thinking. I hope to see you around!
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

hi there

Welcome aboard Pizzaman.....

You have found a great place, with GREAT advice and support. Jump on in, ask questions, post up your thoughts, just make yourself at home. No need to be shy around these parts, I have yet to meet anyone on here, I would hesitate to call a friend.

Good luck on your journey, wishing you strength, support and wisdom to win.
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

hi there

Hey Joe from Scotland

Welcome! You've had 5 years (wonderful ) so you already know the benefits of that. It is so easy to fall back into the bad patterns. It's like it's learned behavior just waiting to kick in again if you brain allows it.
              This is a terrific place. I like to be able to see gray areas rather than black or white in most things, but for moderating drinking--not so much. Addiction to alcohol or substance just is what it is. Remove the substance or nothing changes. Most of us here have been down that road too, for me many times. After all, if the point of drinking is to get drunk you can't do that with one or two. For me it quickly ( maybe weeks though ) went from 1 or 2 or 3 to
              12 and a shot or two for good measure.
              Crazy stuff. Please hang out here and chat. We are a chatty supportive bunch

Comment

hi there

Hi

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement this really is an awesome site,I hope you have a really good day.

Take Care Joe from Scotland

Comment

hi there

Wlcome to our looney family Joe!!!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

hi there

Hi so are you from Ireland then if so what part I love ireland and the Irish people

Comment

hi there

Hi Joe From Scotland aka Pizzaman!
                      Glad to have you here. You are right, you've found a great place. The people here are awesome and I really feel like I have true friends here...won't be long before you are one of them! Stick around and post a lot so we can get to know you!
                      K9

p.s. I love pizza
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

hi there

Hi joe from scotland and welcome to MWO,This is a great community with lots of great advice and support, keep posting and reading as we have all been or are where you are now.Check out the tool box thread which you will find in the monthly abstinence thread,hope to see you around the forum and remember don't quit quitting :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

hi there

hey Joe,
                          glad your here... Moderation is also not an option for me, never will be. i attempted it and started pretty good than after a couple of months back to the same ole same ole... it always starts out slow but the AL demon gets you in the end... . Hope we see you around..

caper
                          caper
                          AF since Sept 2013...
                          :alf:

Comment

hi there

Hi Joe,

Glad you found us, MWO is a good place.
                            Congrats on your decision to take back control, most of us find moderating a disaster.

Be sure to download the MWO book from the health store here on the site. It has a lot of good info.
                            There are several people around from Scotland here so you're in good company

Wishing you the best!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hi there

Have you tried self hypnosis? I never thought I would be a cheerleader for it - or that I would ever try OR that it would work! I did not buy the Cd's from this site - can't afford right yet and wanted something NOW. I searched the other night and found Self Hypnosis Online Software for Custom Hypnosis MP3 Download not the best recorded stuff out there, it is definitely a computer voice BUT it does work. I downloaded the create your custom self hypnosis online - the stop drinking one and added in a bunch of my own thoughts and some I googled and I haven't craved a drink all week. Thought about it - yes, had 2 - yes, but stopped with out an issue. Just an option.

Comment

Working...
                              X