My readiness to change...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started drinking when I was 16.... I won't go into that story though I want to. But ever since then I have led a life that has been awesome to say the least. But I always hold myself back through one thing. Alcohol. I have realized this now at age 29, looking down a barrel of failed relationships, failed job opportunities and almost blowing my most recent chance at success. I guess right now I am just trying to start over with me first, and then try to repair the damage I've done.

Any advice or help from anyone whose been there would be awesome. I am in a lonely place right now, but it's not all bad and I do see a light.

Hi Ozzie, think you need to tell your story.. it feels good to get out and to re-read your beginnings.

I am 35 and have a great job; I am very lucky to have it and have been with my company since I was 18. I can relate to your post and I too look back at a long list of failed relationships. Also, I would be much more successful today if I would have put half of the energy into more education and climbing the ladder rather than working through hangovers or calling in sick.

What exactly makes you hold back? Don't feel too lonely, whatever you share, we will relate to it.

:welcome:

Comment

Dear Ozzie,
      It's never too late. Just leave that glass and start to enjoy the sober life. How much time has it been since you learned something new ? Everything will work out. You don't have to feel alone. Find some sober friends. Tell them about your goals. Everyone on MWO has a story. Try sharing yours. You would feel a little light after sharing.
      All the best for sobriety.
      Clean since 4 Feb 2012
      Goal :: 9 May 2012 ( 90 Days )

Comment

I agree with the above, sharing really helps. it is very cathartic and we all have a story to tell. Do it.
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hi ozzie welcome to MWO,This is a great community with lots of good advice and great support from people who know exactly what your going through,read as many posts and threads as you can and post your thoughts and questions.Here are a few threads that will help you on your way and remember never quit quitting :good job:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html

And there is also a thread called tell us your story

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi!

Sorry you are feeling so down, MWO is a great place - when you are going through what you are, it helps knowing you are not the only 1!

I see it that everyone has problems and struggles, the people who post on here are lucky enough to have a similar one - and there are many at different stages with advice to suit you. Read around here and get cosy in the newbies nest

Best Wishes and Good Luck xx
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wildflower.
            Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
            And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Hi Ozzie, Im new too, just came on here this evening and I am so glad I did. Your not alone and it looks like you have had a horrible time so don't beat yourself up to hard. I am having lots of early nights, watching movies and I have started a project!!! Cleaning my house which is a project and a half let me tell you!!! I have only just discovered a feather duster!! I plan to start painting tomorrow. I just keep myself as busy as possible. It is working for me at the moment. There are days that are very hard but i keep telling myself that it will pass and go and by myself a big bar of dairy milk chic!! Hope this helps a little.
              Poppykin

Comment

Working...
              X