prescription?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prescription?

Has anyone had luck getting a prescription from their GP for Topramax? I just can't see my doc going for it. I think he will want to do campral because it is for alcohol but I have been reading threads and if you drink-- it quits working. And you have to go several days without drinking before you take it. If I could go several days without drinking I wouldn't be on this site!

Where do you get the Lancit info to take to your Doc? :new:
    Living well is the best revenge

prescription?

I would print out all available info, highlight & bring it with you to GP appt. Google the Lancit study.

I did that with Campral a few yrs ago when it first came on the market. I was his first patient & since then he's prescribed that & Topa to his alcoholic patients.

My GP even asked me about the MWO program for another patient of his. Some Drs. are pig headed and set in their ways but I was lucky to find one that wanted to work with me & try everything!
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

prescription?

Thanks for the reply. How did the Campral work for you and when did you decide to add Topa? Did you do the CD's and the supp's etc. HOw is it working for you?

Many thanks
      Living well is the best revenge

Comment

prescription?

You can print out the Lancet article by going to the home page of this site and clicking on the FAQ. There is a link to the article in the text. Good luck!
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

prescription?

Back then (when Campral first came out) I wasn't quite ready to quit. But I didn't see it. I would only do parts of treatment.

Now is a different story.

When you set your mind to a goal the rest just falls into place.
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X