Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victory

My old gal pals asked me over tonight for a girl get together. One friend is pregnant. I have been very nervous about this all week. I had a terrible week at work too.

But I went. They handed me a drink as I walked in the door. I was late and they were already drinking. I set the glass down and got a glass of water and proceeded to nibble on some snacks and talk about the new baby and look at the nursery, etc. The mom to be and I were the only ones not drinking.

I think they wondered why I wasn't drinking, but they didn't ask. I didn't tell. I left early.

I did it. And I am just fine. But I had to do much prep for this visit. I knew there would be drinking. I knew I would want to drink. I made up my mind that I was not giving up my quit no matter what the hell or who the hell.

I am home. Safe and sober.
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Victory

Nursie, you are a legend. Give your self an almighty pat on the back. You deserve to be very, very proud.

Top effort!
    I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

Victory

Well done Nursie for not caving in that can be tough at the beginnig of sobriety.:goodjob:

Comment

Victory

:goodjob: Nursie!

Hope you are feeling mighty proud of yourself cause you sure as heck should be! You did all the right things - thought things thru and even though you had a bad week, you made your mind up that you would not drink.

So proud of you - hope you have a great day!
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Victory

All I can say is yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyes! :goodjob:

Guess your kicking off the official AF weekend with the first............

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1779052=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Victory

Hey Nursie,

No alcohol induced dark fog the morning after the get together and being there for a family member this week in an emergency. Excellent stuff!!!
            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Victory

Nursie, we all know what a challenge this was....social settings are what I worry about most. So good that you made it! I know you're happy this morning that you feel wonderful and didn't do something that would put you back in the horrible rut of drinking........nothing is worth that! As I get more AF time, the more I realize..........sober is better. Most of us just don't usually make it past these tough situations. I think it just takes doing it a few times because we build that confdence of knowing it's doable, which makes subsequent challenges easier. Congrats!

Comment

Victory

Good job Nursie!!

Even when it is in your hand, you can put it down! So inspiring!

Thx
                12-20-2012 AF
                Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Victory

Way to go Nursie!

That is exactly how it's done. You were handed a drink and put it down. That speaks volumes about your commitment to yourself and not drinking.
                  Don't worry about what anyone thinks! They don't know your story.
                  I am very impressed. As we all know I was handed a beer a while back and drank it. I hope I can do better next time. But there really won't be a next time; I' not going to take a chance.

You should be proud!

Have a great weekend

Comment

Victory

Nursie, we haven't met before, but I just want to add a HUGE WELL DONE!!!
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

Victory

Nice, going, Nursie! Inspiring to us all!
                      BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Victory

That would be 10 points young lady!
                        Well done - Be Proud
                        To see a world in a grain of sand
                        And a heaven in a wildflower.
                        Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                        And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Victory

Thanks so much my friends. I couldn't have done it without you. And an unexpected drink handed to me may have ended differently but I know how these girls are.

So another victory today. The medical emergency I told you about...There was another one today with the same family member. I arranged everything. I made all the calls and pulled everyone together. Other people in the family had been drinking. Not me. I was on point and thank God.

Thank you God. Thank you MWO. I got sober in the nick of time.
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Victory

mollyka;1260562 wrote: Well done Nursie!! And I'm also a big one for 'learned experience' - next time you're in the same situation you can sort of say to yourself 'I did that the last time and it was fine' sort of thing -- nice one you:goodjob:
                            DITTO!!!
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Victory

super well done, nursie!!
                              i think that's been my down fall in the past-- not being prepared well enough ahead of time. not being convinced of what my actions would be, of what my true intentions were. now i know if i'm not hell bent on not drinking, if i don't have a super strong plan and resolve not to drink, then i won't go there.
                              thanks for beating it, posting it and inspiring me to do the same!!

Comment

Working...
                              X