Starting out advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting out advice

Hi, I decided to join this community because it certainly seems to have amounts of experiences and a bunch of great people that all seem very genuine.

I was just wondering if I am in the right place as many people here have made there main milestone of no drinking. I am currently on a reduction plan at the moment. As I was advised it could be dangerous to go cold turkey is there any groups here that support the run up to the big day ??

B

Starting out advice

:welcome: blackadder,

Not going to overwhelm you with advice just for now just wanted to say my hellos.

If you click on the link below it will give you some really good advice on tapering. Just click on the link.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ggy-34156.html

And this thread is well worth a read.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Glad you found us. Keep reading, keep posting and let us get to know you.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Starting out advice

Blackadder :welcome: You might also want to try out the Newbie's Nest:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html

Sending you peace and strength.

Comment

Starting out advice

Black Adder--LOL--one of my favorites on BBC. Are you familiar with Old Greg?

Anyway-back to why you are here. This is a great place for support with a wide variety of
        people and ideas and opinions etc etc but of course the common thread is the realization that drinking is BAD for us.

Lots of stuff here for you, including just a place to hang out and be accountable. That's what I do, and when I had a slip after > 3 months I 'fessed right up and everyone was great. I would not dream of being dishonest here.

The "danger" in quitting cold turkey can vary in degress depending on amount of drinking,frequency, and duration . Some people do the tapering thing,some do the so-called moderation. In my case I just had to stop since I don't want one or two. After the first one forget it-it's on-Im havin' a BUNCH! So I know better than to try to drink just a wee bit. Not happening.

Detox can be dangerous so be careful. Hang in there. We are all here for you for whatever we can do.

Comment

Starting out advice

I have been AF for over 2 years. I couldn't have done it without the help of people on this forum. You have come to the right place. When I was new here, people told me to read alot of the post and then post alot. That is what I did.

I wish you the best in your journey!!!
          RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Working...
          X