Hi Im new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Im new

I'm struggling and hate everything. I am so sad I just broke up with my boyfriend and im having a hard time. I need help asap.

Hi Im new

Toby,:welcome:

So sorry that you're struggling. Believe me, we've all been down that road a bunch of times and can relate to your pain!

Are you trying to stop drinking completely? Regardless of where you're at on the alcohol roller coaster, if alcohol is giving you problems (not sure of your situation), I would give myself a break from it, get some AF days under your belt, and then look at things with the clarity only being sober can give you. Most of us here are trying to never drink again. Alcohol is progressive as you probably know.......I drank for a pretty long time, but eventually it caused me problems. When I tried to stop or cut back I found it very difficult. So, if you're early on in the scheme of things, do yourself a favor and get alcohol out of your life. If you're not "there" yet, at least get educated on it and know what you might be in for.......no one ever warned me about alcohol. Insane if you think about it, since it's a drug.

Anyway, try to drink a lot of water with lemon. Consider buying the MWO book from the store on this site. You can also look at buying meditation CDs (here or elsewhere) and supplements if you want to try that route. I bought the starter pack. Many people here think that L-Glutamine helps with cravings......oftentimes if we've been drinking too much our bodies are depleted of important minerals, etc. Good nutrition helps you get your body back to homeostasis, which helps you get sober.

Here are a couple of links that should help you out. Read and post as much as you can:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html

I also recommend the book Kick the Drink by Jason Vale which you can buy on Amazon.

Take care and let us know how you're doing. :lilheart:

Comment

Hi Im new

Hey Tobycat

Sounds like you're having a hard time. I guess drinking is a big part of what is happening?
      This is a great place for support and Unwasted gave you some good ideas.

Do you want to vent/chat about your situation? Noone here will be surprised (we've all done it all before) or judgemental at all.

Hang in there

Comment

Hi Im new

Hello & welcome to MWO tobycat!

You found a good place for support
        Sorry things are so bad for you today but you can make tomorrow better.

Get a plan together for yourself. Look in the Tool box, lots of great stuff there.

Please drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support.
        Wishing you the best!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Im new

Cant add much to this wonderful advice........just try to hang in there.......things will be there darkest and most difficult at the start of the journey. The fact that you are bringing relationship problems as well, will make it a little harder.

With that said, there are many techniques one can try to give up AL(alchohol). Id follow the advice of others, and check out the tool box, read as much as you can on here, ask questions, just make yourself at home, because in reality, it will become one.

It CAN be done, if you'd told me at almost any point in the last 20 years of my life, Id be AF(alcohol free) for 9 months, Id have looked at you like you were Bozo the Clown.

I wont sugar coat it, that would be a disservice to you.....It probably wont be the easiest thing you have ever done, but it will be sooooooo worth it.

Try and set some small goals.....1, 7, 14, 30 days, it will give you encouragement when you reach them. If you feel the need, take it seconds, minutes, or hours at a time. Then the hours will lead to days......weeks.....months.

And the longer you go without, the easier it will be to maintain.....wishing you all the strength, knowledge, and support needed to win this battle
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hi Im new

Welcome to MWO Toby.
            You have come to the right place. We have all been where you are.
            No matter how bad you are feeling, there is no amount of alcohol that will fix it. It just keeps on getting worse.
            We can help here. You have no story that will shock us.
            Let it all out and start to heal.
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Im new

Ditto to what nursie said!
              RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Working...
              X