Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So ready for the clarity!

:new:
    My first post, my first real participation in the community.

Thankfully I "accidentally" came across the MWO book while shopping for Christmas present books mid December (yes, I procrastinated on the gift buying too). Turns out the book was the greatest gift I gave (to myself) or received. I immediately connected as I have been a problem drinker for 20 years. Knowing that I had the holidays, a business trip followed directly by a week long mother in law visit in my house I thought I would ease into it and get serious after 'things settled down'. I read the book late December, started the CD's and supplements early January.

I was encouraged that by the first week in Feb I could actually go grocery shopping without even thinking about buying a bottle (or two) of wine. I got to the parking lot and it dawned on me - yay, it's working!

After 2 weeks AF I thought I would just have a glass. Did ok with that but 4 days later had a whole bottle of wine. Trying not to beat myself up, just realizing that I am far too early in the process to think I can moderate.

My life is in full stress mode right now - nursing my HB through kidney failure, being the primary caregiver for home dialysis, preparing him for dual organ transplant and running a company as 'my real job'. I recognize the stress triggers that would push me to drink and I'm trying to find alternatives. I am hopeful that my energy level will increase and that I'll be able to incorporate regular exercise when my time opens up more.

I seek and desperately need the clarity to move through this part of my journey and am SO thankful to have the MWO community to connect with and lean on.

Thank you!

:welcome: Emmy71,

So glad you found us. There are very few here who can moderate the vast majority opting for an alcohol free (AF) life.

Another great thread to read through is the tool box. Just click on the link.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Keep reading and keep posting.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Emmy & welcome to MWO!

You seem to be a real go-getter but dealing with an awful lot right now.
      The most important thing I have learned over the past three years is - I am giving up control by having that first glass. I truly am powerless once I have that first one. Years of trying to drink moderately have failed so I gave up & am grateful that I did

I hope things settle down for you so you can get back on track & reach your goals.
      Please feel free to join us in the Newbies Nest for more support!

Wishing you the best!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:welcome:Emmy, just wanted to welcome you. I recommend the Newbie's Nest and Toolbox as suggested by Lav and Jackie. Best to you.

Comment

:welcome: Emmy!

MWO is a wonderful place - glad you found us. Believe me - you will read about so many hear who have tried to moderate - we really, honestly believe that we can just have that one glass and stop. I can't get a buzz off one glass so what's the point? You will make your own choices and set your own pace - we are all here to help and support you.

Sorry to hear that you have someone in your life who is dealing with such a serious illness. Best thing you can do for them (and yourself) is to give them 100% of your sober self.

Good luck and hope to see you over in the nest!
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Thank you all for the very helpful welcome replies! So many useful tools in this community and I haven't ever felt so supported, particularly when undertaking such a life changing endeavor!:thanks:

Comment

Working...
            X