Skin problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skin problems

Just wondering if anyone had problems with itchy skin when they stopped drinking. It is mostly on my back on different area's. It is very annoying and may not be related. Hopefully it will go away soon.

I have a really bad day of the cigs yesterday. I did not cave in, just kept busy. I am in the process of decorating my house to try and keep my mind of the wine. It is helping and my hall looks so much brighter and cleaner! :h
    Poppykin

Skin problems

Good morning poppy:l
    Great job on keeping your self busy and avoiding any pitfalls. You deserve a big pat on the back for keeping your commitment. I notice you are now posting your progress on the drink tracker thread. So am I
    I enjoy seeing the days add up that way!
    About the itchy skin - I know that is miserable :upset: are you drinking plenty of water? Could the itching be related to dry skin or eczema? I have had itchy skin related to some of the medications I have tried. Topamax was terrible for my skin and I actually had to stop taking it because of that side effect.
    Hope you feel better and keep up the good work
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Skin problems

Yeah! I have!!!

I've got a feeling that it might also have something to do with the extremely cold weather in the UK, what with wearing extra layers and whatnot. Also, know it's wrong but with it being all itchy, one gets a natural temptation to scratch it, and unfortunately I've been doing that quite a lot and thus have been perpetuating the problem, somewhat.

As it's been slightly warmer the last few days, I've been wearing less layers (especially in bed) and have not scratched my shoulders/back/upper arms as much, and the problem seems to be rapidly subsiding. Also might be wise to moisturise the areas or stick a bit of Sudocrem on, if you've got some, for Sudocrem is great for stuff like that, sore/irritated skin etc.
      [I]Quit drinking nightly at home (8 yrs) at the end of Feb. One night out 8/4/2014...I am ALLOWING myself to drink when on a night out, just cos I want it that way.[/]

Comment

Skin problems

My skin has been itchy too. I thought it was my dry apartment cause my dog is itchy too....but I looked it up and itchy skin can be connected to liver problems. Is it mostly at night? Since my hubby's skin isn't itchy, I am thinking it's my liver and dehydration. Hope I didn't scare you. But today I am sober 4 days and the itch is almost gone. Hope it gets better for you
        "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
        Goal 1- 3 days al free
        Goal 2- 7 days al free
        Goal 3- 1 month al free
        Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Skin problems

Hello. :-)

Yes, itchy skin is a symptom of detoxing. Our livers are not removing the poisons well due to damage from the drinking.

In my case, it was always the bottom of my feet. Odd place to itch.

Stay sober and it will get better. Your liver will start to heal, too.

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Skin problems

OMG

OMG that is scary but after reading your post, I am so going to steer clear of the wine! I have decided to start exercise from tomorrow. Lucky Im a member of David Lloyd and it is only 2 minutes drive from my house. Ive packed my swim bag and I am ready to go first thing tomorrow. I find if I leave it to the end of the day, Im to tired. I also need to drink water so I have purchased a water bottle to take everywhere with me so hopefully that will help.

Just wondering if anyone knew how long it takes for your liver to start healing? I have been a regular wine drinker for about 10 years (a bottle a night) and reached a bottle and a half for about six months before I quit. I quit 23 days ago.

Thanks so much for all the info and advise. :thanks: It helps so much and I love coming on here.

Love Fi
            Poppykin

Comment

Skin problems

Wow poppy! Congrats on your 23 days !
              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Skin problems

Cinders;1264815 wrote: In my case, it was always the bottom of my feet. Odd place to itch.
                I've been getting that, too. Hard to put two and two together as my job entails walking many miles each day!
                [I]Quit drinking nightly at home (8 yrs) at the end of Feb. One night out 8/4/2014...I am ALLOWING myself to drink when on a night out, just cos I want it that way.[/]

Comment

Working...
                X