Got the book and just starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the start of a new year and hopefully the start of a new life where wine is not one of the larger features!

Getting rid of the man who drinks tooooooooo much and will not agree to not having alcohol in the house as he sees nothing wrong with drinking a bottle an evening + G&T starters. I want things to change but I can't resist the ongoing readily available supply, so taking the 'change one thing' idea he is going and can take the wine life with him and I will start on the road to recovery.

Only stumbled on this site by chance - it's good to know I am not alone as I am certain it's not going to be easy!

Welcome!

Welcome, Sarah!

We're so glad you're here, and taking the first steps. You can do it!

Comment

The Unofficial My Way Out Doorperson!

:welcome: Sarah - I seem to be the door-opener for new folks today, but I am happy to oblige! As I said to Floyd, you've come to the right place for help and support - so many of us have the same song to sing (the blues from the past!) but loads of good advice and encouragement to share with all. Sorry your partner isn't supportive - I suppose that will make your job a bit harder, but in the end you do this for yourself and no-one else - who knows, he might see you making good changes and look more closely at himself. Get on here as much as you can, familiarise yourself with the system and hop right in, girl!!

Orra best
      The Terror:h

Comment

WELCOME SARAH!

:wavin:

Nothing will change if you change nothing. Good going!
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hi Sarah!
          Great first step That is what I had to do too. I find it much easier getting sober when I don't have a dysfunctional relationship in the background complicating things, esp. if the man involved is a heavy drinker.

This is a great site, lots of compassionate support and wonderful people.

Welcome to the journey:welcome:

Hugs to you! :l
          Roxy

Comment

Sarah - well done girlfriend!!!!

I can only admire your determination. It is not easy to ditch two things in our life at the same time. Man AND booze......hats off to you!!!

Wishing you the best of luck. You need to check in for a pep talk....we will be here.....

Amelia
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

welcome Sara...lost's of suppot here. Glad you are here!:welcome:
              Control the Mind

Comment

Hi Sarah,
                Like you I came upon this site by accident or maybe devine intervention. Today is my 18th day AF and I feel great. There are many wonderful supports on this site and the joke site isn't half bad if you need a laugh. Stick to it and you will be a happier person. I eventually hope to do mods but that is a little way off. In the meantime ginger beer refresher and chocolate mocca are my drinks of choice. Once I started it wasn't as bad as I thought and the alcohol in the house doesn't bother me. My companion and friend still has a couple of wines a day but is now having 2 AF days a week. She is very supportive.
                Anyway, best of luck and we are all rooting for you.
                eace:

Comment

Hi Sarah,
                  Welcome. Glad you found us.

Comment

I am new too!

Hi Sarah and Everyone Else,

I am new too. Well, I have been reading these great stories for some time but I finally got the courage to wright after reading yours. I figured I should write since it is 5 o'clock in the morning here and I have been up since 2:30 am. I haven't stopped drinking yet but haven't had any wine in a few days and just drinking a couple of beers at night but now I can't sleep. Trying to stop drinking but taking the slow way out. My bad is chardonnay. My husband and I just love it. We can drink two big bottles in one night. then I forget everything that happened the night before and that really scares me. So, I am going to start writing and hope you all can stand me as I am on my way out. hbhb

Comment

Welcome Sarah and hbhb, this site is full of inspiration and determination and I am sure you will find your way. I am fairly new and the people here have been amazing to me, I can't even describe what they have meant to me. I wish you well in your journey.

Victoria
                      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks Newgrl,

Looking forward to a new beginning. hbhb

Comment

Hi Sarah and hbhb,
                          Welcome. Glad that you are both here.
                          This is a great place for a new beginning whatever you choose that to be. Just keep reading and posting. You will find a lot of support.

NP
                          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hi HBHB!
                            Welcome!:wavin:
                            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hi Sarah & HbHb &:welcome:

This site has helped me sooo much, really hope that it does the same for you ....

Welcome aboard, good to have you here xxx
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                              X