Day One ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day One ....

That's my goal ... Day one .... get through this day. I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY!!! I'm sick of this .... I have the supplements but I'm worried about the withdrawals. I will do this and I will be ok.
    Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
    Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
    10 days - Sept 13, 2012
    2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
    Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
    AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
    Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day One ....

Bouchard, There's actually a thread called "I Will Not Drink Today" that you could post on from here on out as you ODAT. Here is a link:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...day-45775.html

You might also consider nestling in at the Newbie's Nest - lots of daily support there. Also, I highly recommend the Toolbox. Here's a link:

Monthly Abstinence - My Way Out Forums - be sure to scroll through - things get buried.

I really hope you find your way to sobriety whether it be through AA, rehab, counseling, or just posting and reading here........

Best to you.

Comment

Day One ....

I would like to join you, Bouchard. Today is day 2 for me. I really think that enough trials and failures eventually set us up for success.
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Day One ....

Day one for me, too. I am determined to make it day one of the rest of my AF life. I am taking supplements (a mish mash of MWO and 7 days to sobriety) but haven't gotten the kudzu yet. I am also drinking kombucha to help detox more quickly. I am glad to have found this forum. AA is too religious (around here) for me, plus I live is such a darn small town that the "anonynous" part is freaking impossible.

Comment

Day One ....

welcome bouchard to day 1.
          you can do anything you set your mind to .. remember Nothing is impossible !! everything is Possible..
          caper
          AF since Sept 2013...
          :alf:

Comment

Day One ....

Well, this is actually pretty cool.....3 of you all starting out together, sounds like the 3 musketeers of MWO!

Just wanted to chime in here, and tell all of you, that is IS indeed possible to stop drinking no matter HOW impossible it sounds like at the moment. Belleeeeeeive me, I couldnt have been any more hard headed about the subject myself. Oh I "wanted" to stop, but in reality I dont really think I "wanted" to stop.

But, the day finally did arrive when I truly had to stop. Everyone on here with continuing success at quitting has used a variety of techniques. Poke around, kick the tires, take in as much as you can. Some things will work for you, and some wont.

The thing that helped me the most was the surf the urge technique. When you get the desire to drink.....redirect your thoughts to anything that will take your mind off the urge. I used to actually say in my head.....I dont drink.....and try to get any idea at all running in my head.

Not, oh woe is me, why cant I drink, just a quick redirect and move on. It wont be easy, but you will find that if you can keep redirecting that thought, it wont come on near as much, and it will get easier to supress the urge.

To be honest, I still have to tell myself....I dont drink, but I forget the urge almost as quickly as it comes.

I wish all 3 of you all the knowledge, wisdom and support needed to reach your goals....

Almost forgot...set some some attainable goals...when you reach the goals, you feel successful.
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Day One ....

Day 2 - I made it. Was feeling pretty shaky, headaches, sweaty & didn't sleep well but today is Day 2 & I will not drink today either. Goal one is 7 days. The words of my granddaughter ( whom I love more than life) ring in my head to drown out that beast. "Grama, please don't drink". Thank you for the support.
              Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."

AF - Sept 4, 2012
              10 days - Sept 13, 2012
              2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Day One ....

Bouchard -
                Great job on getting to day 2. The first few days of not drinking it will be hard to sleep. My body was so used to "passing out" that it forgot how to actually sleep. BUT, it will get better...just stick with it. Your granddaughters words struck a chord with me. My daughter wrote me a letter begging me to stop drinking. It broke my heart and at the same time gave me the kick in the ass that I needed! I keep it in my wallet. I'll never forget her sad face with tears, and to think I was the cause of that? But now things are totally different, and they can be for you too! Quitting drinking was the best thing I've ever done, and although it's not easy, it's so worth it!
                Please stick around and let us know how you're progressing.
                K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day One ....

Hi Bouchard, it's Deb. Thanks for the private message.

We will keep this thread alive and encourage each other. It's great to have company on this journey. I, too, am a grandmother and my little one is the current driving force in my life and inspiration to stop drinking wine.

Day 3 and 27 more to go til I hit my day 30 - the day before my marriage. Let's take it moment by moment and surf the urges as they come crashing in... I am now envisioning myself on a surf board hands raised in victory, riding the powerful waves of cravings and conquering each one triumphantly.

It's only 11:30 a.m. so I had better brace myself.

Glad to join you.

Deb
                  Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Day One ....

Good Luck ladies, you can do this!
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Day One ....

Thanks, SKendall. We need all the support we can get... I love your motto ..
                      Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Day One ....

Day 3 ~ yeah! I can't say last night was easy. I was so itchy!! What's with that but as grumpy as I was I pushed through & did not drink. Tea for my dh & I. He has joined with me now & our goal is 2 weeks. He has to have blood tests to check his liver enzymes so things will be better with us trying to do this together. We are off to help our daughter move all day so no drinking! Not even a toast to warm the house. Hope everyone has a sober day.

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                        10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                        2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Day One ....

You did it. Got through Day 3! We can do this. It's better when hubby is on board. You are in the same position as me with hubby having tests coming up so he must abstain for the next few days as well. I hope this is the 30 day victory for me. If that's what you want, I hope you achieve it too.

Today is day 4 for me. Onward and Upward.
                          Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Day One ....

May I join you? Today will be day 1 for me. Going on a trip in 34 days & I want to have 34 days AF. I almost made it last night and caved. I just won't get in the car today during the witching hours.

Comment

Day One ....

Hi of course you can join us!! I made it Day 4!! Last night my sleep was horrid but I was so busy helping my daughter & son-in-law move. Got to enjoy my 5 month old grandson. He's so sweet. Friday night but I am determined. This weekend will be alcohol free. Hope everyone is successful.

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                              10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                              2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X