Day One ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day One ....

Day 9!!!!! I'm so happy. I'm going to the dr today for a unrelated problem. My sinus' are chronic & I can't stand the pain in my face. I had thought maybe the wine was a contributor but it's not easing up any so off I go. Pretty sure that is where the headache is coming from. Dh has had no syptoms of detox since day 4, lucky huh! Guess being a woman it's taking longer for me. We are taking the l- glut & kudzu that i had left over from the last time i tried. Hope all us newbies can hang tough!! Bring on this new sober day ........ :yay:
    Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
    Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
    10 days - Sept 13, 2012
    2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
    Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
    AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
    Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Day One ....

Bouchard-
      You are doing so well...keep up the good work! Sorry you're having sinus problems, I've noticed I have it once in a while and I've never had allergies or anything before. Sometimes I get a throbbing in my sinus area and it's so uncomfortable. I hope your doc can help you get some relief. My problem may be cavities or tooth related, I hate the dentist, not because of the pain...but because of the $$$ !! LOL
      You're doing awesome...keep at it!
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day One ....

I'm a little late to the party but today was day three for me and time for bed, AF free, yay! The withdrawals SUCKED yesterday but I have all the supplements and I think they are working. I don't crave it at all and I barely had wd symptoms today.

Try to get the sups in the book and drink a lot of water or use my mother's magic electrolite drink. Mix a tall glass of water with a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (with "the mother" is best), a tablespoon of unprocessed honey and a pinch of sea salt. I also crush 500mgs of vit C and mix in. Mix well and drink 3 of those a day plus water in between.

Good luck, if I could get through yesterday, anyone can!

Comment

Day One ....

Hi Princess! Welcome. Well day 10 & that's a good milestone too. I had a terrible sleep again last night but I have a acute/chronic sinus issue so that's why I'm feeling so shitty still! It's not just withdrawals. Everything I'm feeling is sinus related. For that I'm happy because at least I know what I'm dealing with. The witching hour is still a challenge but once we get over that time frame the cravings are less & I just put mine to the back of my mind.

We are looking so much better. The dehydration of alcohol really does add to the wrinkles. We both look so much healthier & no more yellow eyes!! Dh has blood tests next week & had to be alcohol free for 2 weeks in order to get a correct reading for his liver so he's as determined as me right now .... Hope all of us can have another beautiful sober day! Cannot believe everything I can accomplish & plan for now that I'm not worried about hangovers!!!!!
          Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."

AF - Sept 4, 2012
          10 days - Sept 13, 2012
          2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Day One ....

B, you are doing amazing! And so is your hubby! You are into double digits now. Yeah!!!! Your granddaughter will be proud! Sorry about your sinuses. I hope the doc can fix you up and that you will feel better soon!
            "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
            Goal 1- 3 days al free
            Goal 2- 7 days al free
            Goal 3- 1 month al free
            Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Day One ....

B, you are doing just fantastically! X

Comment

Day One ....

Thank so much for the encouragement. Last night was sleepless again. I think it's the muscle relaxer that the dr gave me. I read on the side effects that while it usually causes sleepiness it can cause insomnia as a side effect. So I guess I'll try tonight without & see how it goes.

My sinus are so messed it truly feels like still waking up with that hangover headache & face throbbing but I know it's not because today is Day 11.

We have family coming out this weekend. They will wonder why I'm not drinking but I'm on antibiotics so great excuse for no one too tempt me. They are the take it or leave it kinda people so I don't think it will be too hard. Here's to another sober alcohol-free weekend!!!

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Day One ....

B,
                  Sorry you had trouble sleeping, but at least you are not hungover! Have fun with the family this weekend, at least they won't be pushing alcohol on you. My family is like that too, they drink very moderately, I've never understood it...I guess that's what separates those that have a problem and those that don't!

Have you ever tried Melatonin for sleep? I use it from time to time and it really works. And I hope you can get your sinus problems taken care of, that must feel horrible!

Hang in there and have a great weekend!

K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day One ....

:thanks: Melatonin. Thank you I'm going to go get some!!!!

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                    10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                    2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Day One ....

Congratulations on day 11 - I really struggled last night. I think some of your sleeplessness is undoubtedly due to your sinus problems. Think how much worse that would be with a hangover too!

Interesting re how they want your husband to be 2 whole weeks free of alcohol before they can test the liver accurately. Just goes to show long it takes for the body to settle after drinking. Am only on day 8 so can expect a while yet before the body shows any benefit.

Regarding not drinking with your family over. I'd say nothing at all and see if they actually make a comment- if they do then you have your antibiotics as a perfect back up but I wouldn't draw attention to them first - just see I'df they say anything!

You are doing great. Hope you have a great AF weekend.

Sausage x
                      Day 8 ********

Comment

Day One ....

Today is day 12 & I truly feel like I have a hangover all because of this stupid sinus issue which is pissing me off .... I did crave last night when my sister called to say she was with a friend having a glass of wine to celebrate the birth of our friends grandaughter. Just for a minute I felt sorry for myself thinking I want to be with them (they are a 6 hr drive from me). But I didn't act on that craving.

My husband is Day 11 & still reading the Jason Vale book. He is amazed at all he is learning and can't believe all the abuse he's put his body through. If I had not quit he probably wouldn't even have tried & he needs too because the Dr wants another Liver enzyme blood test run. For that he told him he HAS TO BE ALCOHOL free for 2 wks prior.

I'm doing this for myself ... it's been 3 years that's it's been nagging at me .... I am smarter than this and hate that feelings. Ok enough rambling ... Bring on Day 12!!!

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                        10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                        2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                        X