Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Here

Hi LibraryGirl,
    Just wanted to say hi and welcome. I?m a volunteer librarian -- no credentials, just love books and libraries. Anyway -- I think it might be ?easier? if you don?t think of never drinking again. Maybe just think of not drinking right now, and keep thinking it. That?s how I started and it worked for me. I feel like I sort of tricked myself to get where I am today. (I quit over 5 months ago). Anyway, good idea to get all the alcohol out of the house -- that's a great start!
    AF since 9/20/2011

Comment

First Time Here

Hi LG! Welcome to the site. You will probably find that the first 3 or so nights you will sleep very little (if at all)...at least that is how it was for me. I am not taking any vits or supplements. But listen to all of those on here, cause they know what they are talking about. You might also want to join us in the newbies nest. It is filled with people who are in the early days of quitting. Hope to hear from you! Good luck!
      "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
      Goal 1- 3 days al free
      Goal 2- 7 days al free
      Goal 3- 1 month al free
      Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

First Time Here

LG, Welcome.:welcome:

I just wanted to tell you that a year and a half ago, quitting alcohol seemed absolutely impossible to me. I could not imagine my life without it - everything I did centered on drinking. But, as is true with all of us here, alcohol was making me miserable.

I am now just over 100 days AF and loving being sober. I just want you to know that if you can start putting together chunks of AF time, eventually you'll feel so good you won't want to compromise it. You can't imagine this now, but it's true.

Here are a couple of links that might be helpful - one to the Newbie's Nest, the other to the Toolbox (be sure to scroll through the Toolbox because things get buried) - - lots of support in the nest and limitless information to help you formulate a plan to stay sober in the Toolbox.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Sending you peace and strength. :lilheart:

Comment

First Time Here

I made it through to day two. I slept fitfully, but did get a few hours of deep sleep, mostly because I was/am exhausted from all the week of drinking, staying up late, then dragging my ass out of bed to go to work in the mornings. While drinking I was only able to rest on the weekends when I could stay in bed till noon or later.

I want you all to know that I believe this site is going to be essential to my sobriety, and I have new found hope thanks to all of you.:thanks:

"I like people too much or not at all."
          Sylvia Plath

Comment

First Time Here

LG, I've quit drinking with the help of this site - it's a great place. Best to you.

Comment

Working...
            X