Whew a dental appointment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm only on day 2 but normally I come home from work and crack into the wine. I've had this appointment scheduled for months and am not canceling. I will have to drive strait there instead. Don't get me wrong, I'm not normally a person the gets fired up and does cartwheels over the dentist. For me, this is just a good diversion on day number 2. I guess whatever gets us through.
    AF since 2/22/2012

Good luck with your dental appointment, and yes any diversion is a good one if it leads to not drinking. If you're anything like me, I had gotten to the point that I would not schedule any appointments in the morning (denist, doctor), because I knew I would be too hungover to stand it, not to mention just getting to work.

Anyway, hope your appointment goes well, and good job on staying sober.:goodjob:

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

Thanks LG,

I go long stretches without any alcohol then think I can moderate. I'm quite good at tricking myself into thinking it won't end up at the same crappy place if I just have one. What a (not funny) joke that is. I moderate for a couple months and then wham! wine, wine and now I'm whining!. I feel so much better living life with a clear conscience and clean liver! The first 3 days are the ugliest for me but then the fog lifts and I finally sleep better. Congrats to you for knowing you need a change for the better.
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

I'm glad you have a diversion on day 2, even if it is the dentist!

I found the first few days to be the hardest because I was bored. Try to plan things to fill in your normal drinking hours. I watched tons of dumb TV and read lots of books. Take a nice long bath and go to bed early. Whatever it takes to make it through the first few days.

Good luck, you can do this!

K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1267121 wrote: I'm glad you have a diversion on day 2, even if it is the dentist!

I found the first few days to be the hardest because I was bored. Try to plan things to fill in your normal drinking hours. I watched tons of dumb TV and read lots of books. Take a nice long bath and go to bed early. Whatever it takes to make it through the first few days.

Good luck, you can do this!

K9
          Thanks K9! I'm home and sober still. I will even cook for my family without drinking.. I will go to bed tonight without having a drop to drink. Some sleep would be nice though! Lol!
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Working...
          X