48 hours In and I'm Freaking Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, I relapsed last week and I'm currently 48 hours in without a drink. I had a major binge last week and I'm freaking out. I have .5mg Xanax pills to help but I'm still freaking out. When will it stop?! I know it's different for everyone but I'm so afraid I'm going to have a seizure or something. I don't have insurance right now so I don't want to go to the ER. I'm afraid to take too much Xanax too. This is def motivation for me to quit drinking FOREVER, it's just not worth it!

It's like severe anxiety and shakiness.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear your struggling... and I know it's rough. If you are really scared of having a seizure then I think you should go to the doctor. If you can... try and not be to hard on yourself right now.. you are doing your best and that's all we can do. I've had anxiety after drinking and it is hell. Shaky and just really uncomfortable.. one thing at a time. :l:h

Comment

Hot baths and deep breathing should help. Also do you have any supplements? Lots of milk thistle and B vitamins should help. Once you get a good nights sleep you should feel better. And keep this episode in the front of your mind. I know once i got thru the withdrawal (mine was just anxiety and sleeplessness) I made sure i never forgot what the AL does to me. Reading here lots helps me to stay on track too.
        AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Hi Lori,

I am taking most of the supplements that are in My Way Out and drinking lots of water with added apple cider vinegar, a touch of honey and a touch of salt to balance my electrolytes. I'm feeling better to ight although sleepless. I'm a lot more calm when my husband gets home from work, my mom is pretty hyper and can get to me. I haven't needed to take any Xanax since my husband got home at 5pm (12 am now) so that's pretty good. I'll be back on tomorrow with an update. Thanks all for the support!

Comment

Im afraid the xanax will likely be causing severe anxiety and shakes and possibly other strange symptoms.short acting benzos can cause terrible withdrawal very quickly.librium or valium are long acting and better recommended for alcohol detox ,never take benzos for more than a few days ,and NEVER stop them abruptly if you are using them regularly as this can cause seizures in itself.

Comment

I do have the long acting Xanax XR which I took one of today and my day was sooooo much better. My doc advised me to stay on for 5 days reducing the amount each day. I think I'm going to make it after all!

Comment

:new:
                no responses to my last blog..still swigging away...no reason, just b/c i want to..feels good to "relax" not "keep busy" with work.. its a vacation altho I curse myself every morning b/c i wont have a productive, healthy day.. My 'if only" stance is if only I could lose weight...but..when I am drunk..i dont give a crap

Comment

Hi Ccarpenter,
                  How are you doing today? I'm sorry if I missed your post somewhere else, this place is very active! Why don't you join us over in the Newbies Nest...you'll be welcomed with open arms, I promise! Please tell us a little about yourself so we can get to know you. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.
                  K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                  X