Hi folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi folks

Im still interested in anyones detox experiences?lol didnt get much response on a different thread I started..
    Im now 2 1/2 months AF and have been constantly ill in that time ,with various,viruses and hormone problems...ive always had a bit of a crap immunity anyway,probably becauae I get overloaded and dont manage stress well ,but this is beyond a joke!i wonder hiw other binge drinkers immunities are?..i know loads of heavy boozers who never seem to get sick as often as me!....hope you are all well!haha

Hi folks

Hi DQ,

Firstly well done on two and a half months AF .

I'm really sorry that you're still feeling crap. It takes time so hang on in there.

My first thoughts are perhaps a caffeine overload. Perhaps you're drinking a lot of coffee, diet drinks. Or perhaps a lot of sweet things.

I don't take many supplements so hopefully someone will come along with a few more recommendations, but I do take Black Cohosh (for the hormonal thing) and Omega 3 Fish Oil. The first 6 months I religiously took Milk Thistle and Thiamine (Vit B1) once a day.

Small healthy meals and plenty of water is a good idea.

And if all else fails a quick trip to your Doctor at least if he/she asks 'Do you drink?' you can say a big fat no.

Hope this helps,hun.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi folks

Thankyou jackie!:-) very much appreciate your reply...one thing I have always done is eaten properly ..im quite conciencious about food..although I do have blood sugar issues ,like alot of boozers so struggle with needing carbs and sweet stuff..i am not a small girl lol and since stopping drinking ive axtualy put on more weight!arrrgggg lol ...funny you mention caffine ,coz gave that up a while ago :-) and its a good point ...caffine,sugar ..evil!lmao..i dont think the fags help things either!
      I take B12 and iron also..its all a bit baffling really ..
      I guess as you say,it takes time really..i think maybe its still toxins coming out possibly?either way ,would be quite nice to reap the rewards of me efforts at kinda some point in the future because currently I feel like a physical wreck ..even bowels have gone weird!...luvly! ;-)

Comment

Hi folks

I think it would be a good idea to see a Dr. When was your last medical/physical? Sure can't hurt. Awesome work on the 2 1/2 months!!
        Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
        Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
        10 days - Sept 13, 2012
        2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
        Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
        AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
        Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hi folks

Thankyou..me and doctors dont mix very well unfortunatley:-/ usualy blood tests come back "normal"
          I think years of boozing hasnt helped my immune sysyem ,but obviously I dont know that..all I know is im always sick!lol ..and since stopping ,its worse..
          Thankyou for the encouragement bouchard.:-)

Comment

Working...
          X