rough day but ready to get at it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been a heavy drinker for about 10 years. Beer and whiskey....would drink alot and than very little...three rehabs and medical detoxes and a home one now as i am 36 yr old guy back in college with no health insurance....i do have some ativan to help during detox and family has been notified i am going back threw withdrawls...i just want to beat this damn demon soo bad. I a very shaky right now and having a good dose of anxiety. I soo love it when I am sober. I am the person i want to be. I really feel like am finally done. I just can't take this anymore. So happy to have this site today. I just want this to end....and not with me buried in a box six feet under the ground. Thanks for having me here.
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Hi and welcome! This site has so much to offer and you will find as much support as you can handle here. Read lots, post as much as you can, ask questions, reach out. There is so much information here.

Welcome again and let us know what you need to get thru this. You know how great it is to be sober so lets get there!!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Thank you red for your warm welcome. I know today will be rough and I am going to hate feeling like this all day and school was cancelled today because we had a snowstorm. I know this will pass and the panic attacks and anxiety will fade away. So excited to move forward. I called some past AA friends and told them I am ready to get real about this all. As bad as today is...I feel a sense of purpose. Thanks again for your warm welcome!

Comment

Hi Finallydone,

Welcome to the site. :welcome: It's great to have you here.

This thread, called the toolbox is very helpful: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

I also found the concepts of urge surfing and "witching hour" to be very useful to me. Are you taking any vitamins/supplements?

Your thoughts about loving it when you are sober really hit home with me. I could always take the physical pain and discomfort, even when it really sucked. It was the sadness of not being who I wanted to be for myself and my family that really broke me down.

Come on in to the Newbie's Nest thread, it is the most active topic here and just post away.
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Thank you pinecone! I am crying right now because AL free I am the man I should be and that's the person I really am. Thank you for the link and I look forward to my new journey forward.

Comment

Welcome Finallydone!
            You CAN beat this demon, and each day it will get easier. Use your Ativan to get you through the first few days, that should take a little bit of the edge off of the anxiety and shakiness. Once you get past 3-4 days you will find it gets much easier. It's so helpful to read as much as you can from this site. There are so many people, with so many experiences...and everyone is very helpful and supportive.
            We're glad to have you here and hope you stick around. Please keep us posted on how you are doing!
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi K9!
              Thank you for the support. We are all in this together. Feeling a little shaky again. It kind of comes in waves. It's a little different than my last withdrawls but i guessing i am going threw a kindling effect from multiple detoxes. This is a huge wake-up call for me.

Comment

Hi finallydone,
                :welcome: I hate those rough days :l It's great your here because it's much better then white knuckling it alone. Good for you for fighting back! I love the sober life much more myself. I'm 38 and I think it's taken me years to get to the point where I am finallydone myself. Love your name and look forward to getting to know you better.

Comment

Hi Choice! Thank you for the support! I am hanging in there. Going thru the tingles a little bit now and than and the head has the dreaded fog feeling, but I hanging in there. Only slept two hours last night and I am not expected much tonight as i am haveing enough anxiety to keep restless. I will just work my through it. Better days are ahead.

Comment

Better days ahead that's for sure!! I hope you can sleep better tonight. I'm having sleeping problems at the moment myself.. luckily I'm almost a week AF now so I don't have that awful anxiety feeling. It is the worst. Sounds like you know the ropes and know what it takes to feel better.

Comment

choice;1271787 wrote: Better days ahead that's for sure!! I hope you can sleep better tonight. I'm having sleeping problems at the moment myself.. luckily I'm almost a week AF now so I don't have that awful anxiety feeling. It is the worst. Sounds like you know the ropes and know what it takes to feel better.
                      Yeah unfortanelty in a way that I know how this goes. I tried sleeping but I was soo restless and tired at the sametime. Only us alcoholics know how this goes. I am soo tired but I just can't sleep. It's like your mind is playing that tug of war between being awake and being to sleep. I might take a warm shower to get myself awake a little and than help getting me back down. Right now my eyes feel like concrete builders. Hope your doing well choice. sleep takes time to adjust so i just have to stay tough here.

Comment

Hi Finalydone, I also want to welcome you. Yes, only us alcoholics know the dreadful anxiety, restlessness and remorse. Have you taken some of your Ativan to help you through the day?
                        make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

jessie;1271795 wrote: Hi Finalydone, I also want to welcome you. Yes, only us alcoholics know the dreadful anxiety, restlessness and remorse. Have you taken some of your Ativan to help you through the day?
                          Hi Jessie! Thank you for the welcome! I took some earlier in the day. It's almost midnight here and I am just having a heck of a time falling to sleep. But this is how it goes when your going threw withdrawls. A painful reminder of why I need to AF. Hope your doing well there.

Comment

Can you do some chores around the house. Dishes, packing, repacking, vacuuming, etc. I found that it helped to stay physically active with something.
                            make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

[QUOTE=jessie;1271804]Can you do some chores around the house. Dishes, packing, repacking, vacuuming, etc. I found that it helped to stay physically active with something.[/QUO

Not a bad idea! I just got done doing a few push-up and sit-ups to wake myself up and hopefully kick my body into wanting to fall to sleep. During my first stints of sobriety my sleep cycle after withdrawls would go all over the place from sleeping all the time to not hardly sleeping at all. Which is what make the AL demon as cunning and baffling as it is. At least my anxiety level is dropping and I feel no more tingling and itchy skin feeling which is a sign that I am heading around the corner. I know from the past when I had quit in two days I'll be eating food like crazy. Which is not a bad thing for me as I am not overweight and could use a few extra pounds. Thanks for the advice jessie..i am feeling better now. :thanks:

Comment

Working...
                              X