Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is modding madness?

MADNESS.......!!!!!!
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Is modding madness?

Mands,

Modding is something you just cannot do once you have crossed the line to problem drinker. It's as simple as that!

RJ put this program together with the intention of drinking moderately at some point.
      What actually happened is she too learned that moderating is difficult & is now (as far as I know) abstinent.

Ultimately it is your choice to make & I wish you well!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Is modding madness?

Mands,

I think a lot of us have had moderation in mind when we start coming to terms with our circumstances. I saw that you are a "foodie" and hear you on the making wine with fruit you picked. It sounds lovely... but I'll tell you what. I use to think that way too. Loved the way alcohol made me feel and loved the taste. It's just the addiction being seductive. It is really, really cunning. Food actually tastes so much better since I stopped drinking and you can get just as interested in cultivation of other things... I got on an herbal tea kick for a while a baking kick.. cooking.. I think there are lots of other things just as enticing as making your own wine. It's a great time to find new things to grow. I think you doing really well by the way and the moderation topic is such a pull for a lot of people starting out. It did take posters posting "DON'T!!!" To keep me on track. I can not moderate I am an alcoholic. Moderation thoughts are dangerous for me so I don't entertain them. I haven't scene much success with it.. but everyone is on their own way out.... sometimes I think modding is part of that. I think it makes it harder though.

Comment

Is modding madness?

Mands,

I have to agree with the others after unsuccessfuly trying to mod - it just doesn't work.

One thing I ask myself in order to remind me that it doesn't work is "Do I REALLY want JUST ONE?" In my heart I know the answer is "no - I want at least 2 or 3 and probably the bottle".

Good luck with your journey.

Comment

Is modding madness?

Not madness unless the line has been crossed in our drinking and then it becomes an impossibility for any length of time. The phrase 'ticking time bomb' comes to mind.
            Lets face it most of us here crossed that line way before we felt the need to search for help online.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Is modding madness?

Hi all

Thanks once again for the response I appreciate them big time

red67 during my trip access to medical services are going to be limited and I am not keen to risk an accidental interaction.

I probably could keep taking it, but I think I would panic everytime even something small happened that might vaguely be a problem (like vinegar in a dish, wine sauce etc).

And its actually a posibility - granted the likelihood is low but its there

Honestly I can't say that I need to be AF forever, I just don't know.

I do know 110% that I cannot return to drinking to excess, and for the moment I am happier not drinking at all.
              :wings: "Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."

Comment

Is modding madness?

Modding IMHO is soul destroying! It leaves you feeling worse than before you were abstinent - if you were. I was dry for 6 years and thought being a 'social drinker' would enhance my life! Ha!!! In no time flat I was back on the roller coaster ride of being a boozer and wrestling with everything that comes with it. I felt like a failure, I was disappointed in myself, it left me exhausted on the days I tried to 'moderate' and the AF days were few and far between. Just NOT worth it. I lost all of those years and finally got back to truly working this program on Sept 9th last year. No messing with this demon for me, ever again! This sober life is too precious. I want ME and the way I am when I'm sober, NORMAL and in control, more than anything!! Modding is NOT for me. Roberta posted about mid year last year saying that she was totally abstinent these days.

Each to their own. I know I can't mod, and although I'm glad I know I can't and would never have known had I not tried, I wish I hadn't thrown all my sober years to be back at only being sober since Sept 2011 rather than Dec 04. Oh well, it is as it is!

Happy Friday everyone!
                It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                Mother Theresa

Comment

Is modding madness?

KTAB, you made a great point!
                  Most of us probably did cross the line way before finding MWO!
                  I haven't tried modding since I started here because of all my failed attempts to do so in the past. It's all about getting honest with yourself

nicelife, as long as we finally reach the conclusion & accept that we can no longer drink safely - no time is wasted really. We all have to learn in our own way & in our own time. Great to see you
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Is modding madness?

The first thing I would do if I decided to mod again is get drunk.
                    No doubt.
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                    X