Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to start living

Hello all,
    I feel that I'm finally ready to start living. I've read My Way Out, Kick the Drink, Easily and a vitamin book on alcoholism. Enjoyed them all. I've ordered the starter kit here at MYO health store. SOOOOOOOooooo......... any advice? Thank you all in advance!!!!

Ready to start living

Welcome LMG!

You will gain much from all the wonderful folk here. My advice for what it is worth is, get a plan in place and the Toolbox is a place to get good tips from. Visit here regularly - it really is quite fun and you will get loads of support. Be patient, if you are like I was and drank for a loooong time, giving up may feel a little odd! What won't feel odd in the long term is how much better life is without alcohol!! Stick with it, the more days you manage not drinking the easier it gets. I'll finish here and be sure many others will be along soon to add more (and maybe much wiserR) advice!!! Oh, will just add that this program works - absolutely!!!
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

Comment

Ready to start living

Hello & welcome to MWO Luv,

This is a good place
      Here's a link to the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html that nicelife just mentioned. You need to identify your drinking triggers and plan in advance how you're going to handle them without AL - very important
      I highly recommend the MWO Hypno CDs too. They helped me learn to relax without AL & change my thinking about it entirely.

Please drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support!
      Wishing you the best.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ready to start living

Welcome Luv! Glad to have you on here! Like the others have said...check out that toolbox link that Lav was so kind to post. Tell us more about yourself? You have come to a wonderful supportive place and I wish you all the strength in the world. Great job on getting those books and supplements! You are in for a joyful path. I am 2 weeks sober as of tomorrow and I couldn't do it without MWO! Just make sure you have a plan in place every day and stock up on alternative things to drink. Make sure you eat when you are hungry and get plenty of rest. You will find that you sleep much better sober...and waking up sober is the best thing EVER! Take care of yourself and good luck!
        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
        :h

Comment

Ready to start living

:welcome: Luv!

I love the title of your thread!! Ready to start living is exactly the right attitude. I look forward to getting to know you!

Comment

Ready to start living

Hi Luv and welcome. I am so with you - ready to start 'really' living again - life is just not what it should be when blighted with alcohol. Good luck to you and look forward to getting to know you.
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Ready to start living

Hi Luv!
              I think your name says it all! I agree, it's time to start LIVING and not just existing. Once the alcohol fog clears, you'll see that there's a whole world out there waiting for you. I know I don't miss bumbling around in it in a daze (which I did for years). I'm so happy you've joined us. Please keep us posted on how you're doing!
              K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
              X