serious now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

serious now

merry;1282525 wrote: Hardest time is 5 o'clock when you have finished the day and want to relax
    Have to find something else to put in my hand
    Usually had enough tea and water
    can't have sweet drinks or gassy drinks
    I know how you feel, that's why I've taken to eating instead, I usually have really strong chocolate cravings when I'm not drinking- I guess that's sugar withdrawal or something like that. I'm just getting over that now. I wish I could get out and do something but a lot of the time I'm home on my own with the kids in bed and I have no choice but to stay in and find something else to do (that's where solitaire comes in handy). It's so hard not to replace one bad habit with another. Drinking is such an easy option- you don't have to think about anything. Still we must be strong and I keep thinking of how much more I'll like myself if I can keep it up, if I can get to 2 months I'll be extatic!! Just hang in there....
    DU

Comment

serious now

so far on day 5 and still hanging in there haven't thought about going and getting any alcohol but will have to be careful over the easter break if we have visitors come un done before because of visitors even thought I had all bases covered but didn't work
      I'll have to get another plan in place any suggestions

Comment

serious now

well done on reaching day 5. I've been thinking about what I'm going to do in case people come to stay with us too. The only things I can think of so far are to tell people I'm detoxing or on medication which means I can't drink (but that's not really going to stop me if everyone else is drinking and i really want one). Or I was thinking of getting non-alcoholic wine in to drink, though I know it doesn't taste very good it's better than nothing. And the best thing to do if you're not enjoying yourself is to go to bed early and read which of course is no fun, but it is early days and being comfortable around other people who are drinking is something that I'm hoping will get more bearable in time. Let us know how you get on...

Comment

serious now

have a problem have to go to the pup to-night to see niece shave hair off for cancer
          it will be a big challenge not to want to

Comment

serious now

just try to stay positive, i think it's better to have a night without drinking now than to have to start from day one again- try not to waste all the hard work you've put in to get this far

Comment

serious now

well made it through the week end day 8
              1 week down
              look out week 2

Comment

serious now

merry;1286016 wrote: well made it through the week end day 8
                1 week down
                look out week 2
                :goodjob:

Comment

serious now

now have 12 days af

Comment

serious now

well done! i had a few bad days recently and don't know how I got through them without drinking- i was so close- but have done 20 days now and starting to feel much better about myself. keep up the good work

Comment

serious now

downunder;1283687 wrote: I know how you feel, that's why I've taken to eating instead, I usually have really strong chocolate cravings when I'm not drinking- I guess that's sugar withdrawal or something like that. I'm just getting over that now. I wish I could get out and do something but a lot of the time I'm home on my own with the kids in bed and I have no choice but to stay in and find something else to do (that's where solitaire comes in handy). It's so hard not to replace one bad habit with another. Drinking is such an easy option- you don't have to think about anything. Still we must be strong and I keep thinking of how much more I'll like myself if I can keep it up, if I can get to 2 months I'll be extatic!! Just hang in there....
                      DU
                      I was glad to hear others were going through that, I never used to eat much chocolate. Im still trying to fight off the urge.

Well done on your AF time, keep it up......you will be glad you did
                      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

serious now

good work down under
                        I now have 13 days up my sleeve and haven't thought about having a drink as yet
                        That will come when we have visitors

Comment

serious now

I'm serious this time and determined to do it
                          day 14 for me no cravings which is good hoping for things to start improving
                          thank you everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X