36 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

36 hours

Boy, last night was a bitch....usually i can find one wine bottle that has a little something in it but yesterday morning when i decided today was the day, I found all my little hiding places and threw out the bottles. The cravings last night were UN*+**believable!!! And this morning to wake up and know there is NOTHING in the house was so depressing. Good thing that it's Sunday because there's no where to go to buy anything.

I have a headache

I've got trembles....

And I'm trying not to be a bitch...

Am going to cook dinner for the fam and grandchildren tonight and there will be NO bottle of wine on the table.....

This is going to be so hard...if I can make it just one week then I'll know that it's possible to survive without my lovely glass of wine...

36 hours

You may not believe it, but to me, that sounds like a fabulous start. The biggest step was throwing out all the blasted alcohol...errrrrr I mean poison.

Its never going to be completely out of sight, but if its not in the house, you have to make an effort to go get some.

As far as feeling bad, well, that will soon pass, your body has a little bit of changing to go through, it will get better I promise. Your worst day sober, will be better than ANY day drunk....trust me on this one.

Wishing you strength, knowledge, and support to beat the beast
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

36 hours

Hi Bugaboo!
      Come and say hi in the newbies nest!
      And remember it is NOT a "lovely glass of wine". You wouldn't be here if it was...
      12-20-2012 AF
      Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

36 hours

Welcome Bugaboo.:welcome: It's tough in the early days, hun. No one would tell you otherwise. We all had to suffer and we all had to come to the realization that AL is no friend of ours. It's not lovely.

Even right now, I'd love to have a rum and diet pepsi, my poison of choice, but I know the "good" feelings would be temporary, and the after affects much, much longer, and NOT pleasant. We are thinking beings...We have the ability to predict the future in so much as we can predict the results of a particular behavior to an extent. Do you really want that "lovely" glass of wine that is so deceitful and hateful in the morning?? I kind of doubt it.

As Nelz suggested, go and visit the Nest, and the Tool Box. Get addicted to MWO. Read others stories in "My Story", and you may even see some of yourself in someone else's experience. To me, that's the best thing about this site. We've all BEEN there, DONE that.:H

Nice to have you aboard, and please come back often and let us know how you are doing.:l

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

36 hours

Hey, I'm with you! Let's start together? For me it will be a "start again," but let's just beat this thing!! I hate the shakes. I totally feel for you. In my experience, they last a day or two and then it becomes way more psychological. I know it feels that way (overwhelming and crazy) the whole time during detox, but for me the most intense feelings are within 48 hours. You can do it. I am here again, and MWO is a huge factor in my early recovery. It helps!

Let's beat this!!

Comment

36 hours

hey I want to do it too
            I have to start again
            I've been through a real emotional ringer and now I need to pick myself up and start again
            My daughter-in law had a brain tumour removed on the 30th jan and my youngest son had open heart surgery on the 8th of feb now they are both recovering well but I'm not bouncing back real good and I started drinking again now its time to stop and I know I can't do it by myself I need your help to keep going and get motivated
            I have a problem and it's real and I need to overcome it alcohol is poison and I need to shake it
            thankyou

Comment

36 hours

How are you doing Bugaboo?

Comment

36 hours

merry;1278732 wrote: hey I want to do it too
                I have to start again
                I've been through a real emotional ringer and now I need to pick myself up and start again
                My daughter-in law had a brain tumour removed on the 30th jan and my youngest son had open heart surgery on the 8th of feb now they are both recovering well but I'm not bouncing back real good and I started drinking again now its time to stop and I know I can't do it by myself I need your help to keep going and get motivated
                I have a problem and it's real and I need to overcome it alcohol is poison and I need to shake it
                thankyou
                Hi Merry. I've seen you peeking in here and there.

You have been through a lot and I can understand wanting to numb the feelings at times. But of course you know that you can best serve your DIL and son by being whole and sober. And you'll best serve yourself too. Have you read through the Tool Box?

Comment

36 hours

Here is a link for the Tool Box for Merry and Bugaboo:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Comment

36 hours

hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow

Comment

36 hours

Hi Bugaboo and Merry!

You're in a great place. We've all been where you are and know how hard it is in the beginning. Get the first 3 days over with and you will start to feel better physically, then you can work on a long-term plan. We're glad to have you here...stick close!

K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

36 hours

just hanging in but okay day 2

Comment

36 hours

merry;1279283 wrote: just hanging in but okay day 2
                          Good job!

Comment

Working...
                          X