Campral and Social Drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a person has been on Campral for a while can they begin to drink like a normal person again as they say in AA ??? I've been sober for two months now and studying the AA 12 steps, I miss the social aspect of drinking red wine but if you try drinking again and stay on Campral will you go back to being an alcoholic again ???

I have taken campral and in my experience it makes no difference to the way I drink, so the answer for me is yes I did go back to drinking the way I did before. I think Campral helps get your brain back to the way it was before drinking to help you feel better but wont change your drinking.

Comment

As far as I know, and that's not far:H, if you ever had a problem with alcohol, you will always have a problem. The beast (AL) doesn't change. It will get you in it's clutches, seduce you into believing it is harmless, and the next thing you know, you will be back here (if you're lucky), and wishing you had never started back.

Great job on two months sober!!!

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

I've been on Campral for a year; for the first 4 months I still drank a lot on it, then quit for a few months at a time. Every time I started drinking again (sometimes reasonably at first, attempts to mod) I ended up binging and back where I was- miserable.

I miss the idea of the social element as well, but for me I ended up drinking alone and wasn't very pleasant after quite a few drinks (that I always ended up having as I could not stop with couple)

Congrats to you on 2 months sober, that is great! :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
        X