does anyone know a subsitute for topa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm new am trying really hard; but failing Dec.was a hard month Holidays etc. But My real question is about topamax. I am very medication sensitive and this another drug I am allergic to. It lowered my heat rate significantly. I run 1 hr. a day and after an hour run my heart rate was in th 50-60 beats per minute. Resting low 30's. It was also affecting my menstrual cycle breakthrough bleeding and ovarian pain. Also my husband said I was walking around like a zombie. I did feel weid and out of body thing. I really want to become a moderate drinker and am constanly looking for solutions. Kudzu isn't working either. Plus I read it can increase a chance of tumors in peri-menupausal & menupausal women. I haven't finished all of Roberta book yet,but for anyone that has does she have a solution to people who can't take topa. So if you could be my friends (I really don't have any) and help me I would appreciate it.
    Mar

Forgot to add only took topa for 2 weeks when I went from 25 to 50 I really got scared. I never told my Dr.what I really wanted it for. I told him I wanted it for weight loss. He said fine. But said to stop once all the other things starting occuring

Comment

simeybear:

Hi there! Here is something you might try. L-Glutamine.

I believe in both animal and human studies, consistent supplementation with L-Glutamine reduces the craving for alcohol. I belive the MWO program book, and store provides for this as well.

In the studies, they used 1 gram, or 1000 mg doses per day. You can read more at these links

Alcohol Withdrawal - www.Vitacost.com

L-Glutamine

I still take large doses with grape juice before my weight workouts, as l-glutamine also is reported to support the recovery and growth of muscles. I only use it two or three times a week now, as a pure powder.

Good luck to you.

Neil

Comment

Thanks Neil. I will give it a try and let you know.
        Mar

Comment

Campral

My doctor would not prescribe Topa. Rather he prescribed Campral which is made to help a person stop drinking. I have only been on it three days, but I have only had one drink during that time. Considering my pattern and the years I have been drinking, that is really something. I am feeling like this may be the answer.

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X