Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 days AF

Greetings to all,

Well, I made it one more day and I am surprised for some reason...

One thing that is strange is I have a harder time getting up in the morning then I did when I drank myself to sleep. Now I can hardly drag myself out of bed in time for work..what's with that.

Anyway, again thanks for all the great words of support yesterday...

Wish you all the best.

Rocky
    Control the Mind

3 days AF

That is because you are in a deeper sleep than before Rocky, that will happen, give it a few more days and you will be popping out of bed in the morning, your body is recouperating right now and making up for lost sleep. I am SO Proud of you!!!!!!
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

3 days AF

Rocky, I'm still having some of those issues as well, but for me it is more a matter of still not sleeping through the night! I keep telling myself that it too will pass....

Three days, after how long of not having a single one?? You are doing soooo great, and sounding like you are feelling better mentally and physically as well! Keep up the incredible job!:rockon: :rockon:
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

3 days AF

:goodjob: GREAT WORK, ROCKY!
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

3 days AF

WELL DONE ROCKY.

Trust me, you will start to feel better. I think the tiredness is actually due to the loss of sugar in alcohol, but then again I could be wrong.

I felt like that before, but now I am literally bursting with energy. Although I have started to take multi-vitamins now.

All the best.

Comment

3 days AF

Well done Rocky :thumbs: :yay: :happy: :wow2:

I am having some issues with sleep at the start of my journey too - but as I said in another post - I may be feeling like a zombie - but at least I'm not a hung over zombie!!

WELL DONE AGAIN - You are doin' great

Hang on in there - it is SO worth the effort - and you know it, otherwise you would not be on here!!

Take care - and be proud of yourself!

Satori
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

3 days AF

Hi Rocky,
              Keep up the good work. I was like you at the beginning where I couldn't wake up in the morning. I just slept and slept. As I am now retired I didn't have to get up and go to work. I think it is nature's way of beginning the job of healing our bodies and minds. I am now 32 days AF and hope to try moderation soon. I am feeling better then I have for many years.

Love and prayer
              Diana
              eace:

Comment

3 days AF

Thanks all!!!

You all make a difference. You are all special. Best wishes to you all and much success!
                Control the Mind

Comment

3 days AF

:goodjob: :happy: :happy: :happy: :

Comment

3 days AF

:goodjob: Right Arm Rocky! Keep up the good work... you'll be feeling like a million bucks before ya know it!:thumbs: :wd: :danthin:
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

3 days AF

Hi Rocky,

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

I have just one thing to say to you

CONGRATULATIONS

Love from Louise xxx
                      A F F L..
                      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

3 days AF

Hi Rocky,

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

I have just one thing to say to you

CONGRATULATIONS
                        A F F L..
                        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

3 days AF

Hi Rocky,

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

You are doing fabulous & like the others said you will start to feel better in the morning, for me it was around day 6/7...

Hang on in there .........

Love & Hugs
                          sigpicXXX

Comment

3 days AF

Hi Rocky,
                            Tried to post you this morning my time but the MWO system was down.
                            Rocky, I'm so very very happy for you. Like me you've walked out the door of the cage which was open all along. Now all we have to do is gently close it (or slam it shut whuichever suits) and keep walking. Hey, from your avatar, looks like you're already walking away from it.
                            The sleep thing is a bit of a bugbear......I'm still very tired, but it's a different "tired" to the hungover/drinking ti sort of a healthy tired. I find that even though I'm tired I'm able to function better. As the others sau, this tiredness will eventually pass as our bodies readjust.
                            Again, congratulations.
                            Fran

Comment

Working...
                            X