Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I am 30 days clean. Doing ok I think. My wife says she wants a divorce dont know how I will handle it? Any suggestions?:new:

Wow!! First welcome B.G!!......and very well done on the 30 days...Erm, you couldn't give more details could you? Wouldn't really like to try and offer any advice on the situation as not sure what's going on...sorry, don't want to pry, but it would make it easier........Welcome once again....Weemelon

Comment

Hi Goggles,

Can't help re the divorce but I just want to say :welcome: and well done on the 30days!

Stick around for a while - others might have advice they can offer.

Comment

hey B Goggles, going to have to ditto the words of our wise wee mellon-headed one. do help us help you. you will just find some pals here no matter your situation...promise
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

weemelonhead;92071 wrote: Wow!! First welcome B.G!!......and very well done on the 30 days...Erm, you couldn't give more details could you? Wouldn't really like to try and offer any advice on the situation as not sure what's going on...sorry, don't want to pry, but it would make it easier........Welcome once again....Weemelon
          Well she said I have lied so long about quitting that she does not believe me anymore. Im a lair and I have said it before. I started a 12 step program and it seems to help alot to talk to people that are going through the say things i am going through.

Comment

we all have our challenges my friend and I understand it's tough. just try to pull through to the next "you". if you are doing well perhaps she'll see it by your actions. often times addictive behavior is lumped in with other things and other judgements. are you still with the 12 step program?
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Determinator;92076 wrote: we all have our challenges my friend and I understand it's tough. just try to pull through to the next "you". if you are doing well perhaps she'll see it by your actions. often times addictive behavior is lumped in with other things and other judgements. are you still with the 12 step program?
              30 days in a row. I can see myself going everynight for life

Comment

Its funny when i come out of threre i have no craving for alcohol

Comment

I have lied for so long i conviced myself the I did not have a problem. now I know I am powerless against alcohol

Comment

Yes......I don't think anyone believes me either...but then....why should they??? People have seen me try again, and again, and again, and again........and it has never been the end. This is the longest I have ever stopped drinking for, but I know that my partner is just quietly waiting for it all to come crashing down.....

You seem to be doing good too B.G....is this your longest period of AF??? Is there any possibility that your wife would wait on the sidelines and feel happy about just watching the progression for a bit, or is this the end of the road regardless.....You sound pretty strong though Bud, for someone who's in such a tricky situation...perhaps she may see this....and perhaps she is not willing to wait and take a chance,
                    Whatever happens, I hope that you carry on with your recent path...it can only make stuff better in the long run, even if the immediate happenings are just not what you really need....keep posting (like the name by the way....I've looked through them for most of my adult life!!! Thankfully, I've got a new prescription from the optometrist these days!!!) much love B.G..........
                    Weemelon

Comment

Dear Goggles,
                      You've just proven you are not powerles!! You've had 30 days AF.. That is you having complete control, complete power. Doing OK you think???? Goggles, you are doing so well! There will be many here who will be so proud of your achievement!
                      Surely your wife has noticed the absence of bottles, absence of alcohol breath, change of temperament and so on?
                      Have faith and trust and confidence in yourself as you have for the last 30 days or more.
                      Are you both still able to sit down together and talk without accusations, recrimination, bringing up the past and so on at least for a truce period while you explain what you're doing... and how hard it is for you and how you really rely on her support.? Are you able to say "that is what happened yesterday. This is what is happening now. Please, listen to me while I try to explain. Ask me questions and I'll answer as truthfully as I can. Neither of us wants to live clinging to what happened in the past. There's just now and the future for the both of us. " You haven't given much detail, so we can't really put in our two bob's worth. If you want to keep her, you'll fight for her with the same amount of effort that you've put into not drinking the last month.
                      I don't know if this has helped or not. I hope it has. Be gentle and kind to yourself.
                      Rags

Comment

Working...
                      X