New here-just ordered books and tapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After beating breast cancer - twice- it's time to deal with my love of vodka........
    I found this site by google and I think it's the program for me. I have never even tried to stop drinking so this will not be easy.

I was addicted to the breast cancer message board when I was going through that. Now I may have found a new home. I've read several messages and it seems there are a lot of supportive people here.

Just wondering, as a new member, anyone have advice on how I should start when I get my books/tapes? I even checked express shipping, I'm that excited about this!:new:

Thanks in advance !

Hi Sunshine girl ...... yes this site is addictive ..... :welcome:

I stared gradually reducing my drinking then did 16 days AF (was going for 30 but didn't mamage it) ...

Now i'm doing AF mon to thurs then moderating Fri to sun & that seems to be working for me....

A lot of people here just stop altogether and that also works great as well....

It all depends on the individual, I also find that posting and reading here really helps as well.

All the best in beating the beast ......

Love & Hugs :h :l :h
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Glad to have you here - as you mentioned lots of good people and advice.

I would recommend reading the book, as it goes into the MWO program details, and talks about when and why you should be doing the different part of the program.

Congrats on the battles that you have already won - sounds like you're used to winning and hopefully you can whip this one as well. :welcome:
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Wow Sunshine!
        Beating breast cancer twice How awesome:goodjob:

I think that means you have the perfect mantra as you embark on this next adventure: "If I can beat breast cancer twice, I can do ANYTHING!"

This is a wonderfully supportive community, and a place where you can feel free to be yourself.

Best wishes and I look forward to getting to know you.

hugs,
        Roxy

Comment

Hey there SUnshinegirl,
          You have definitely come to the right place. It is uber supportive and it has helped me heaps. You sound like someone who is so very strong. I too recommend the MWO books, supps, Topa etc etc. Download the book and then you don't have to wait. Reading it is so inspirational it was my first big step.
          Good luck and keep in touch
          Niki
          niki

Comment

Thanks everyone, I really feel this is another positive step in my life. I've hidden it well (I think ?) but my youngest son gets married in June and I want to be totally AF. I live alone (except for my two shih tzu's and they don't care ), so it is very easy to drink all I want at night with no one knowing or caring. I think it's harder when you live alone, there is no one I am accountable to. I am sure will be spending a lot of time here.

Comment

hey sunshine girl,
              we'll be starting about the same. I read the book today, emailed my doctor for the rx and will order all the cds and supps. Can't wait for my new self! Good luck to you. I'm sure you'll do it!

Comment

Working...
              X