Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back again... Day 1. Need quit support.

Hi,

I'm back and could use some support. I was here about six month ago trying to quit (have a thread in the Your Story section called 'Diving in at Last', with some success for a bit. But the drinking has spiralled again. I recently did 8 days alcohol free - felt great. Decided to drink one night. Led to a lot of bingeing over the weekend. Again feel like crap. Looking back at a journal from the last time I was here this morning and feeling like I'm just where I was, or worse. The only silver lining is that each failure like this reinforces that I need to quit - for good.

Day 1 again here... Still hungover from last night. Drinking a lot of water.

Sigh.

L

Hi L -
    It is my day one again too. I went for over 100 days AF last summer and then around the holidays started drinking again. Started out slow with days of no AL in between but now have been drinking every day since mid-March. I am so sick of the way I feel when I am drinking but I can't seem to stop. I wake up in the morning saying "I will not drink today" and then by late afternoon cave in and start drinking. Spiraling is a good word because that is what it feels like. Posting this to give myself some accountability to my actions. I am also thinking about AA which I have never done. My goal is 7 days. So here's to day one again.... we can do it!

Comment

day1 also

hi

i have not been on here for sooo long.
      i lost my old job and started drinking again but start a new job today and after too long im going af.
      Im sure with the support people give on here you will make it.
      Iv never been a 24/7 drinker,more of a daytime (stopping)evening (just a few maybe now feeling ok).but after realising i have been planning and hiding the drinking i need to stop,its not even enjoyable,more of a must.

So im joining you all on day one,be strong.
      Day1 april 2nd 2012 DONE
      Day 7 - April 8
      Day 14 - April 15
      Day 21 - April 22
      Day 28 - April 29
      Day 35 - May 6
      Day 42 - May 13
      Day 49 - May 20
      Day 56 - May 27

Comment

Can I hang out? Stories pretty much the same - just I did day 1 yesterday. I can use start buddies if you will have me along for the ride.
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Fantastic, I've found my hang-out for the month of April. Day 2 for me today. i can relate to the best intentions in the morning and having them fly out the window by dinner time.

LilyE, Prairie Fairy, Getting There and Nott's Bad Habit we are very similar and we are now a TEAM!! Together we'll kick Alcohol to the curb !

I have been making half-a$$ed attempts to stop for 30 consecutive days since I joined. I am trying to capture that zen-like discipline where you live mindfully and think before you act. My first goal is 7 days and Saturday should be a tough one as the gang is having a spaghetti cook-off and we're competing. I will get tons of flack for not drinking but as my latest guru suggests, no explanation is necessary; just a serene smile.

Let's do this!
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

how about we start a new thread. 'April2nd and onwards' or something.
            And day by day we put what has happened,any temptations,good ways to keep busy,things to avoid etc.
            im sure this will help us,and keep us focused on helping ourselves.
            Day1 april 2nd 2012 DONE
            Day 7 - April 8
            Day 14 - April 15
            Day 21 - April 22
            Day 28 - April 29
            Day 35 - May 6
            Day 42 - May 13
            Day 49 - May 20
            Day 56 - May 27

Comment

OK, go ahead and start it. I'm 100% on board and I'll start it if you want.
              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

If you could start it that would be great.im off home now.
                feeling abit like im going to an interview or something.But im not,just going to have an af night.
                Day1 april 2nd 2012 DONE
                Day 7 - April 8
                Day 14 - April 15
                Day 21 - April 22
                Day 28 - April 29
                Day 35 - May 6
                Day 42 - May 13
                Day 49 - May 20
                Day 56 - May 27

Comment

I love that idea...I am starting on Day 1 AGAIN...too...Lets do it people
                  Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

OK - new thread coming up...
                    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Getting There;1289978 wrote: Hi L -
                      It is my day one again too. I went for over 100 days AF last summer and then around the holidays started drinking again. Started out slow with days of no AL in between but now have been drinking every day since mid-March. I am so sick of the way I feel when I am drinking but I can't seem to stop. I wake up in the morning saying "I will not drink today" and then by late afternoon cave in and start drinking. Spiraling is a good word because that is what it feels like. Posting this to give myself some accountability to my actions. I am also thinking about AA which I have never done. My goal is 7 days. So here's to day one again.... we can do it!
                      How are you doing...I know your story too well...every morning I hate myself and every afternoon I love myself...and then I can't remember my evenings...lol Not really funny, but I just wanted to say...you obviously are not alone :l
                      Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

i have reached rock bottom i cant live like this any longer my drinking is out of control i dont know what to do i am beyond help so frightened i want to feel better but dont know what to do

Comment

paula;1291019 wrote: i have reached rock bottom i cant live like this any longer my drinking is out of control i dont know what to do i am beyond help so frightened i want to feel better but dont know what to do
                          Paula, oh dear, are you ok? If you feel you've reached rock bottom maybe it's time for a treatment centre if you haven't done so before. Is that an option? Keep posting..

L xx

Comment

Paula, I don't know what do do anymore than anyone else but I am just trying not to drink the next few hours and then reassesss.....I 'll be fine until the afternoon then happy hour will arrive with a power and allure that defies all my logic and experiance......fingers are crossed.

Comment

I have tried everything and it would take weeks to get into a treatment centre. I hope that i'm just going through a rough patch, my husband and family are very supportive, but unless you suffer from alcoholism nobody can understand. At the moment i feel as though i am in a black hole. I don't feel feel i can live like this any longer

Comment

Working...
                              X