interesting discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting discovery

Ok, so the first 3 weekends of March I had been binge drinking, followed by hangover on Sunday and on-going recovery on Monday.
    I had found that by Monday and Tuesdays I had wanted a drink and was trying to reason to myself that I could control it but I didn't have a drink even though I was thinking about it and having anxiety over it.
    This past weekend I didn't drink at all and on Monday I had no desire to drink. The discovery was that I really was going to withdrawl those other weeks and I didn't even realize it!
    I'm going through some huge stresses right now and not just not even considering drinking (right now).
    Whew.
    Stepping back and really paying attention to my body's reaction to alcohol abuse is really enlightening. I'm not saying I'm cured or anything but this has been an eye opening experience.
    LostButFound

interesting discovery

i have now been sober 2 months today. i have been having so many ah-ha moments like that. it really shows you how manipulative we let alcohol be. it is almost like i can step back and see how the old me would have made so many wrong choices.
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

Comment

interesting discovery

Stepping back and really paying attention to my body's reaction to alcohol abuse is really enlightening
      This was a key part of my recovery lots to be learned here on this site , i also read Allen Carr's Easy Way to Control alcohol and every thing in the book made sense to me and how my body reacted to alcohol.
      AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

interesting discovery

What gets me is that if I knew, say, macaroni and cheese made me sick to my stomach I wouldn't eat it. But guess what? I have been sick more times than I could EVER count due to alcohol and being sick never stopped me.
        Duh.
        And "ah ha".
        LostButFound

Comment

Working...
        X