Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA Meetings

AA Meetings?

I have been to 1 AA meeting and I felt so weird and ashamed. All I did was cry the whole time and received my chip and never went back. I kind of want to go back but I am so scared and I don't want to run into anybody I know. I didn't feel very comfortable there so what do I do? Do I try again? Has any of you been to AA Meeting before? what was it like? Please share your thoughts...
    Honeysoup :heart:

AA Meetings

Hi Honey
    I haven't been to AA yet but would like to find out more. Have you tried reading back over the weekly AA threads in the Goals/ general Abstainance section - there's a new thread each week. Here people write about their experiences attending AA and what they gain from the program, and you can learn a lot. They are happy to answer questions too.

Comment

AA Meetings

Honeysoup;1291477 wrote: AA Meetings?

I have been to 1 AA meeting and I felt so weird and ashamed. All I did was cry the whole time and received my chip and never went back. I kind of want to go back but I am so scared and I don't want to run into anybody I know. I didn't feel very comfortable there so what do I do? Do I try again? Has any of you been to AA Meeting before? what was it like? Please share your thoughts...
      Hi Honey Soup

Going to AA meetings can be daunting at first, But remember everyone there is there for the same reason you are,You can go to meetings that are not in your locality,Having said that I never went to many of them I finally went to be around like minded people and made some great friends there and did find listening and sharing(in your own time)was a great help,Try it again and as been said check out the AA thread here.Good Luck and well done for making the effort.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

AA Meetings

HS, I go now, but had no interest for the longest time. Like Molly, I take some and leave the rest. I'm finding it helpful if I just keep an open mind. I need to be around nondrinkers and that's where you find them........people face to face who know exactly what you're experiencing. The first meeting I went to I cried and felt silly. Now I don't care, I just go. I went a year and a half in between meetings. I'm going regularly now. It can help if you'll let it and just force yourself to go. You'll get more comfortable. Check out the AA thread here that Sausage mentioned.

Comment

AA Meetings

Hi HS! I spent many years SWEARING I would NEVER go to AA. I managed to get a bit of AF time without it, but fear of relapse was like a black cloud in my life. So finally I started going. It seemed odd at first. And I can really relate to letting the tears loose!!!! I've done that in several meetings where all that emotion seemed to come out of nowhere. I guess I have more stuff bottled up inside than I thought!

Anyway, I have made a lot of really good sober friends in AA. I will keep going.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you find your way out! Life on the AF side is really, really good. It's worth doing whatever it takes to get here.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X