Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back once again!

Happy Easter to everyone!!

I'm back again, because I realized I need support. Not just family or friends, but actual support from people who have been where I'm trying not to go. I think my friend opened my eyes when last week she went to jail for a DUI and told me that I didn't know the whole story. I asked her what story? I need to start taking care of me. I just need a starting point.

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Back once again!

Welcome back, I also recently returned and trying to get back on track. The journey is hard, but you know that you can do it. I stayed sober for a long time, then started to have the occasional drink but it soon got out of control and suddenly I'm back to drinking daily. It really isn't worth it, the blackouts,feelings of remorse, fear and just about everything that goes with being an alcoholic. Like you I need to take care of me, and maybe with the support of the people who really understand how we feel we can do it. I wish you well.

Comment

Back once again!

Savannah & Paula - glad that you both are back. I've been here for almost 3 years and am back to being serious again. We can do this! I think we all have realized that we must. :h
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Back once again!

I know it is really hard. I try and talk to my dad (this year will be on his 11 year anniversary of being al free) when things get really hard.

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Comment

Back once again!

Savannah and Paula, good to see both of you back at MWO. Try to get a plan together and stick close to the boards. Lots of support here, as you know. Whenever you need to talk, there is always someone around in some part of the world. Paula, I see that you are in the UK. Why not come and join us on the Army thread - we're in your time zone. Savannah, I see that you've already popped into the barracks. I don't know where you live but you and Paula will be most welcome to be regular posters on the Army thread. Wishing you both a productive, AF day.
          Stirly
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Back once again!

Hi Savannah & Paula,
            I know what you both mean.
            It is a nice place here, on the whole.
            I hope you both get the support & wisdom you need.
            Keep posting!

Comment

Back once again!

Hi Savannah and Paula,
              Glad to have you both back! Stick around and read lots of posts, you'll see that people here really understand what you're going through. I've been on this journey for a couple of years and finally feel like I'm succeeding. It takes a while, so be patient, but never quit quitting. Welcome back!
              K9

p.s. I wanted to name my daughter Savannah...but had to settle on a name her dad liked too. LOL I love that name!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
              X